Humidity must've worked I HAVE A CHICK! *update 100%hatch !**

I'm in Bedford. Come see em!
2 chicks now. Got a black silkie!
5 pips.
Watching that one hatch was SO AMAZING! Got pics of the whole process...and video. No way can I sleep tonight!

I want a black silkie...my silkies are due to hatch next Tuesday. I cant wait...I think I have a dozen eggs of those. They are incubating with Easter eggers.

Yay! I will be able to compare silkie notes with you in just over a week.
wee.gif

Quote:
Congrats on your hatch so far !!!! That's awesome. Can't wait to see pics !!!! I set some more eggs in my bator. All are fertile,hope everything goes well with my new babies. The 12 babies that I already have from my first hatch are doing great. Growing like weeds lol.
Anyway, I noticed that you said your in Bedford. Would that be Bedford Nova Scotia? If so, hello fellow Nova Scotian.I live just outside of Yarmouth. Small world,if you are in Nova Scotia. How many chicks do you have now?

Im up to 2 1/2....and nasty stinky egg goo...I don't know if I should open the bator and clean that up or if I should let it be...waiting on one baby.

From now on when Im in doubt, Im throwing it out- no more 'oh maybe its good..."

The most vile smell in the world.

How many babies are you up to, Vamp???

7 chicks now! 4 pips! 2 no action. So far it looks like a yellow silkie w some black stripe on its butt. 1 black silkie. 2 black with silver highlights (one looks kinda polish...black skin so part silkie too!) 1 dominique. 1 yellow and brown pink skin single comb ?. 1 looks like could be chipmunk (still soggy. Just hatched a minute ago). Kayla what roo was with the dominiques? I can't believe I have so many silkies! I thought I wouldn't get any! I am SO happy!

I'm in Bedford Indiana not Canada. Never been to Nova Sc. but been to Ontario 5 or 6 times. I LoVE Canada. I wanted to move there.

I'm so HAPPY. congrats on the chickys. I think my chicken are special, The always hatch on day 19 or 20. Weird. Oh the roo with the doms are a big red roo. He is huge. I think he is a mix between a dom and a RIR. Oh I can't wait till this weekend, I should have chickys too. Sorry I missed so much, but I was helping to build my new coop
big_smile.png

Quote:
Wow 7 babies!!!
love.gif
congrats !!!! They sound so cute! Wow, didn't know there was a Bedford in Indiana. That's cool...so far away though. My mom was originally an American, from Maine. I lived in Ontario for a couple of years,and loved it. I also lived in British Columbia(West coast)...beautiful there,I would recommend ,if were going to visit Canada again, go to British Columbia.....Nova Scotia is nice,I guess, but there's more to see in B.C.

Anyway, again, congrats on your new babies. Silkies, are those the ones with feathery feet...really "puffy" chickens. I wonder if we have them in Canada. I heard that you(mybe just in Canada) have to put a band on their leg. Mybe I'm wrong about that,maybe it's another breed.

Back
Top Bottom