Humidity-sometimes ya just can't beat it.

I was going to post a similar thread, only to compare my garage to my coop. The garage is saturated due to condensation - the coop is dry. That's a good thing, right? I was actually surprised
I am a little concerned though since today was in the 50's and then the temps are drastically dropping (high 30's tomorrow and then the teens) - isn't major weather changes what really causes problems when it comes to farm animals? I know we had to be concerned about it when we raised 4-h animals (goats and calves).

Never!
It's a BIG learning curve for me.
Chicks are a lot different from fully feathered adults.:barnie
Way, way different... even if they look fully feathered on the outside they just don't have that nice down and fat later that keeps the adults warm. I have severe chick fever right now but I am being angelic and not setting because I don't want chicks in the house for the rest of winter.

I am wondering if I should add heat today. I have held out thru the negative temps but the pullets got wet in the rain and now we have frozen temps. This is my 1st winter. How would i know when they need to come in or have heat. They do have good ventilation and fresh wood chips.

It's NuckinFutz! Probably 100% humidity, snow was fogging all day, when the rain let up.
I agree. I couldnt believe my eyes first thing this morning when most of the snow was GONE! My girls were especially active today, they actually got to peck around at GRASS-its been a while since they had that...hopefully tomorrow wont be too much of a shock for them. Crazy winter were having!

Back
Top Bottom