HUMIDITY WAS UP TO 91% HELP PLEASE!!

JHducks3

Chirping
6 Years
May 8, 2013
Basically I have this paper gauge humidity reader and it seemed good. I'm on lock down now and I wanted to get the best reading of the humidity so I put a digital one in there (it wouldn't fit before but a egg died so there was room) and it reads the humidity to be 91%!!!!!! But the paper gauge read it at 67% and when I took the lid off the digital one didn't go down ? But the paper one does? Have I killed my ducklings!!!?? What should I do!?? Which one do I trust!!!? HELP!!! :( :( :(

Actually so upset in my stupidity I lifted up the lid and chipped a egg!!!!! I bet non of them will hatch! I'm awful at this!!!! :(

Wait I didn't make it! Oh no! I've got a malpositioned egg hatching! It's cracked the egg what should I do?? Leave it?

Actually so upset in my stupidity I lifted up the lid and chipped a egg!!!!! I bet non of them will hatch! I'm awful at this!!!!
sad.png
How badly did you chip it? Was there any blood?

Wait I didn't make it! Oh no! I've got a malpositioned egg hatching! It's cracked the egg what should I do?? Leave it?
Leave it for now. Ducklings need a long time to complete the hatch after pipping, normally around 2-3 days. Where did it pip? Pointy end or in the middle of the egg? If it pipped nearer the pointy end it may be able to hatch by itself. If it pipped in the middle you may need to help it, but don't do anything yet. As long as it's breathing it's fine for now.

Nearer the pointy end
I'm on the train now on my way to school it hadn't ripped through the first membrane yet but literally this happend in the space of 20 minutes so I will have to wait till I get home
Really hope he makes it !

Ducks like higher humidity to hatch than chickens, so you should be fine. Just keep the incubator closed now and let them be. Opening the incubator during lockdown can cause more harm than any good you are trying to do at this point. It may be a good thing that you are going to be at school all day, because it will be easier to just let nature take its course.
smile.png

Thank you :) lets hope he makes it! Even if it was me that did that crack there was no blood but it was a round crack and was getting bigger and look liked it had been pushed from the inside . I've only got to lessons so I will be at home at like 3 :)

Back
Top Bottom