1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

"Hunting" for a turkey! To Love!

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Wyo Chick, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Wyo Chick

Wyo Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

I am looking for a turkey to protect my chickens. I need a tom turkey around a year old. I live in the Statesville, North Carolina area. Any ideas?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  2. If you wanna come to Rhode Island I've got one you can have for free. lol He's a year old and has been raised with chickens his whole life.

3. Darin115

Darin115 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    Asheboro, NC
    I wish I had known a little earlier. I just sold a Bourbon Red tom and bronze hen. The guy came by and picked them up this morning before daylight.

I only sold them because I knew they were going to a good home with plenty of pasture to roam around in.

My bronze hen thought she was a chicken. She layed eggs in the hens nesting box right beside the chicken eggs. She roosted with the rooster and not the tom.

Darin

4. 98 gt

98 gt a man of many... chickens

Jan 14, 2009
    Marshville NC
    a little under 2 weeks, and i will be also
    [​IMG]
    except im looking to love EATING him...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  5. Struttn1

Struttn1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Southern Illinois
    I got a pair of toms not quite a year old I would sell if you want to drive this far. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by