Hurricane Earl

Quote:
About 10 minutes east. They are closing Beaufort county at 11PM tonight until tomorrow morning, no travel unless for emergency. It's a $100 fine to be on the road. They will be taking all the fun away from the yahoo's.....I'll be at the house if you need me. lol

Steve

Quote:
You know Steve, I've always wanted some turkeys. If I grab 'em, I'm keepin' 'em! That's right, come get me!

Quote:
You know Steve, I've always wanted some turkeys. If I grab 'em, I'm keepin' 'em! That's right, come get me!

It's been a long long long time since I have been to the Cape. There is a funny story with that, I probably shouldn't say but with the storm coming why not laugh.

Way way back when a 19 year old Steve and some friends were going to submarine school in Groton, CT. One winter weekend we didn't have anything to do so we rented a car and decided to drive up to the Cape. We went all the way up to P-town. Most places were closed but we found a club with a bunch of cars in the parking lot. Ok lets party, walk in the door and it's full of guys, guys dancing with each other, guys in dresses - get out of there fast. Ok gay bar, lets go find another place. Drove around some more and found another club, one of the guys goes to check it out and says ok there are women in there. So we all pile in and the whole club is wall to wall women. Young sailors promissed land we figured. Just for a few minutes anyway, we are in another gay bar. Anyway they were friendly and we ended up staying and partying and having a good time. They were all busting up laughing as they filled us in on P town.

I haven't been back to Cape Cod since. lol

Steve

Quote:
Hi, I live in south Louisiana,.. the first hurricane I can remember is Betsy,.. the one I'm trying to forget ( but never will) is Katrina. We know hurricanes here. There is a lot of good advise here in Ridgerunner's post,. I would like to add,..

Sanitary supplies!... stock up on them! Lady items, toilet paper and diapers! Lots of diaper wipes,.. when the power is out,.. they may be your only bath for the day! I'm always surprised at how many folks forget these things. I worked at hospitals for 20 yrs and my DH still does and we never got to evacuate, so we were always living without power after the storm. ( A month w/o power after Katrina,.. but the major holes in the roof let in the air!) Even the folks that came down to help didn't bring enough toilet paper and we were loaning THEM some. NOBODY wants to run out of diapers. NOBODY.
All said,.. it looks like a wicked storm and we are praying that all is well with ya'll on the coast.

Steve~~I'm safe up here in the mountains.....but my parents live right outside of Little Washington. Of course, neither of them THINK to answer the cell phone, they only check the phone when THEY want to use it....

Quote:

It's been a long long long time since I have been to the Cape. There is a funny story with that, I probably shouldn't say but with the storm coming why not laugh.

Way way back when a 19 year old Steve and some friends were going to submarine school in Groton, CT. One winter weekend we didn't have anything to do so we rented a car and decided to drive up to the Cape. We went all the way up to P-town. Most places were closed but we found a club with a bunch of cars in the parking lot. Ok lets party, walk in the door and it's full of guys, guys dancing with each other, guys in dresses - get out of there fast. Ok gay bar, lets go find another place. Drove around some more and found another club, one of the guys goes to check it out and says ok there are women in there. So we all pile in and the whole club is wall to wall women. Young sailors promissed land we figured. Just for a few minutes anyway, we are in another gay bar. Anyway they were friendly and we ended up staying and partying and having a good time. They were all busting up laughing as they filled us in on P town.

I haven't been back to Cape Cod since. lol

Steve

That's a funny story. I thought everybody knew that about Provincetown. It's a great place to people watch, that's for sure! You went to sub school in Groton???

Huriccain Earl, is Actually Heading Our Way Here. If It Hits. Were Goner's
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom