Hurricane Harvey coop rebuild (Picture heavy)

Yes they will.
They usually all fight to lay in the same ONE every day.
It is very rare that I find eggs in more than one nesting box of mine.
They all lay in the same one.
Cool. I know they all lay in the same one but I didn’t know if they had a “box” preference. Fine by me if I don’t have to make dividers lol. I still have the ceramic training eggs from my last flock.

This was my last nesting box, an old bookshelf that someone was throwing out. Worked great for 20-something hens.
8885D942-4312-4E6C-9833-FD1C6C6385EF.jpeg 00101544-E570-4B2A-AA2F-ABB28EF7A5D2.jpeg
Surprisingly it didn’t get crushed in the hurricane. But sitting in the flooded coop in rotting chicken poop and cockroaches was too much for me.. we’re burning it.

Yes ma’am it is. “Artist” is a bit tongue in cheek, I’m no expert haha.
Maybe as far as the coop paint job, yes ;)

But the avatar fox shows you obviously have talent.
That fox has always intrigued me, as it's beautiful and the fox is my spirit animal.
Did you ever finish coloring it?
Tho I like it just as it is....represents transformation.

Maybe as far as the coop paint job, yes ;)

But the avatar fox shows you obviously have talent.
That fox has always intrigued me, as it's beautiful and the fox is my spirit animal.
Did you ever finish coloring it?
Tho I like it just as it is....represents transformation.
I did finish it, but the finished product was muddy and I’m not proud of the background. The unfinished one has an accidental style that I quite like. One of two fox drawings I’ve done, they’re a little old and done with ballpoint which I’m trying to quit using. I’ve been planning up a new pencil one.
217A9319-6D10-4625-8C8D-1D8914798FD7.jpeg 707E01E2-F5A2-4AB5-95D1-AEF089BA9105.jpeg
EF90E1A3-F6BD-46A4-9FAA-C891B8BAC5DC.jpeg
I just finished this, biggest complete drawing I’ve done so far. I want to do something similar with a fox so I can work on my backgrounds.
F76582F8-8417-4B0A-8961-86F0AFA8DBAD.jpeg

I did finish it, but the finished product was muddy and I’m not proud of the background. The unfinished one has an accidental style that I quite like. One of two fox drawings I’ve done, they’re a little old and done with ballpoint which I’m trying to quit using. I’ve been planning up a new pencil one.
View attachment 1453858 View attachment 1453859
View attachment 1453856
I just finished this, biggest complete drawing I’ve done so far. I want to do something similar with a fox so I can work on my backgrounds.
View attachment 1453860
I do love the unfinished fox... It's like the breath of life is pouring down him but hasn't made it all the way.

Really? I always see the dividers but I never thought much of it. Will they actually lay up there in one big open box?
Most of mine lay in a two story cat house on my deck. They like the first floor though they will lay up in the penthouse if the bottom floor is too crowded. Chickens are weird.

I do love the unfinished fox... It's like the breath of life is pouring down him but hasn't made it all the way.
:love That’s very pretty sounding. It was accidentally cool for sure, kind of looks like a children’s book illustration to me.

Well, haven’t updated this thread because nothing has happened. Not only has it been raining nonstop but there’s also renovations being done on our house, so everything is at a standstill.
I’m counting on FIL and husband to help me finish this week before the chicks get here.

Back
Top Bottom