Hurricane Irene and Incubating

audrey02026

Songster
8 Years
Mar 25, 2011
Dedham, Ma
Ok so lockdown is tonight and the storm shouldn't hit me hear hard until Sunday night but it's a staggered hatch and I have eggs that should be hatching as late as Wednesday or Thursday. What if we lose power on Sunday...is there anything I can do to prepair for this or is it just all over if we lose power?
barnie.gif

You can go and buy an inverter at walmart. It will plug into your ciggeratte lighter. Than you can plug the incubator into it. Good luck and prayers are with you through the hurricane.

Its a good time to compare the required wattage of your incubator... to the max wattage output of you inverter. You don't want to find out too late that you don't have enough output to run your incubator.

FLChickens wrote: CPU back up batteries work well too if you at your hatch day. Stay safe, glad it is gone from us and slated to only be a Cat 1 once up your way.

Ok. But what are CPU batteries?

MIKE555444 wrote:
Its a good time to compare the required wattage of your incubator... to the max wattage output of you inverter. You don't want to find out too late that you don't have enough output to run your incubator.

How do I check? What am I looking for to know?​

Back
Top Bottom