Hurricane Irene

Quote:
OMG you forgot the most important thing!
lau.gif

Here's hoping that everyone made it through the storm fine. I grew up on the Texas Gulf coast and am older than... well old enough to have weathered a bunch of them and know the panic people feel when a storm is on the way. The good part is that it rarely is quite as bad as forecast. The bad part is that sometimes it's worse. Prayers are out for you all.. and the chickens, of course!

We have an outside enclosure and a basement enclosure (so our babies don't get eaten at night.) They'll be staying in the basement until the storm is past; it's fully equipped to house them and they should be quite okay.

WE SURVIVED IRENE!!!I live down the Jersey Shore-2miles from the ocean. I brought my six girls in yesterday afternoon, and they spent the night in the basement in 2 large dog crates. I put the crates door to door this way they had a lot of room to walk aroound in. Yesterday morning before the storm started I covered the coop windows with plastic so the rain would'nt seep in. The girls really didn't mind coming inside yesterday as they have only been living in the coop for 1 week, so to them staying inside in the basement was a famaliar place. It is still raining and windy here, so the girls will be staying put until later this morning.

We made it through just fine! The coop is undamaged as well. The flock is starting to complain, so I think it's time to start moving them out of the garage.

Back
Top Bottom