1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hurt BO Chick Help suggestions

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by GhostRider65, Apr 22, 2011.

1. GhostRider65

GhostRider65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    NE Wisconsin
    Hello everyone 1 of my BO hens has a hurt leg, I just noticed her limping when I cleaned out the brooder she was fine last night when I checked them at 1am, they are so rough in that brooder flying at each other and jumping onto the pile of chicks that are sleeping, arggggggg silly chickens, she' was 4 weeks old Wednesday, I separated her into a box with food water and a 100 watt red flood light, for warm is there anything else I can do to help her.
    She isn't too happy being alone in there, and chirping her head off every 5 minutes, but the others pick at her and jump on her and they are big enough to fly into the box if I put into the brooder so she can hear the other chicks?? any suggestions on how to help this little girl?? Kim

2. kelsey

kelsey Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2011
    one of my chicks was limping and couldnd stand very good on it. i gave her sugar water and hard boiled eggs and in a week she was walking fine, not sure if that was what helped or if it healed on its own but it seemed to work.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by