Hurt Chick :(

blah.. did not see your message about the food.. I got the spray.. I will go back for the food.

Momma did not last long inside.. she started picking at the babies back then the other chick joined in.. so I had to give her the boot outside.. I sent the other chick with her since it is doing good and momma was happy not to be alone.. so I just have the little hurt one.. it is probably best for her to give her time to heal without anything messing with her.

UPDATE: The baby chick healed up a lot faster then I thought.. we had her inside for about a week and I took her back outside to Momma to see how she reacts to the baby since she has been gone for awhile.. Well to put it short.. She is the BEST Momma Chicken in the world.. she heard her baby peeping and starting going crazy.. now Momma and both babies are trucking around outside and the hurt one is almost all the way healed.. just a few feathers on the top of her wing still need to come in. she has picked up on her growth.. she is almost the same size as her sister .
wee.gif

I think the Broodyness has spread to another hen.. she has been planted on an egg for about 2 weeks now.. she is not one of my passive hens so I am hoping that my other hen with the chicks now helps out protecting them.. if not I will have to take it from her.

I LOVE baby chickies running around.. they are so much fun..
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom