Hurt foot / curled toes

dmartin101

Chirping
May 13, 2022
Little Rock AR
Looking for any suggestions or advice other than what I’ve done.

About 2 weeks ago, Gracie started limping a little bit. The pad on her foot seems a little swollen but there’s no visible injury or scab. Today her toes started curling - not constantly, but if she lifts it for more than just walking. No other issues - eating, drinking, pooping, and laying like normal.

Today I gave her a warm Epsom bath, trimmed her nails, and fed her a scrambled egg with 2 ml of liquid vitamin b complex. She seems to be limping a little bit less since soaking her. There’s still no visible injury.

Other details:
She’s an 18 month old Speckled Sussex. Received the Marek’s vaccine from the hatchery. She free ranges for several hours most days. Otherwise she’s in a coop with a dirt floor run that gets shavings and grass clippings as needed to keep things dry.

Attachments

• IMG_6336.jpeg
    IMG_6336.jpeg
    683.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6335.jpeg
    IMG_6335.jpeg
    577.3 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    662.1 KB · Views: 19
She may have just sprained/strained it, not uncommon from jumping down from things and landing wonky, or getting a foot or leg hung up somewhere and yanking it loose. I would give her a B complex tablet or capsule daily, it may help with the curled toes (that can be a riboflavin deficiency sometimes) and can help with the healing of injuries. Human ones that you can get from any pharmacy are fine, that's what I use. They are very safe, no worries about too much, any extra will be excreted. Anytime there are issues of lameness, coordination, balance, or neurological symptoms, it's a very good supplement to give.

Back
Top Bottom