Husband was laid off.... again.

Quote:
My dog got a credit card once
lau.gif
And it was legit, don't know how but we had to call and cancel it.

Quote:
Agree.

In fact, Bush was a great president. Most people just want to look somewhere else to lay blame for problems. The government was not created to give you handouts. People should make their own way in life. That's why God invented parents as a form of guidance.

I agree.

Many factors have brought us to the situation we are in now. The Neighborhood Reinvestment Act that was passed in the Carter administration made it very hard for banks to deny loans to unqualified borrowers.

Banks are not in business to lose money.

As a result, banks resorted to creatative lending products like the adjustable rate mortgage and balloon payments to service the marginal borrowers that were forced upon them.

Left wing organizations like ACORN pushed banks to loan to people that really shouldn't be buying houses. People would be in this country illegally with no papers, no job, no social security number, no savings and yet they got a smoking deal on a real estate mortgage.

Half the houses in my neighborhood are now in repossession.

But the real estate crisis was just the straw that broke the camel's back. It was the unmitigated greed of labor unions that forced the de industrialization of our nation.

When an industry could no longer manufacture products profitably in this country, the company would be sold to investors that moved the factory overseas to their own country. So now everything is made in China.

Although the company has an American sounding name, the product is made abroad and the ownership is abroad.

If everything is made in China, just what are Americans supposed to do for a living? The American auto industry was killed by the UAW. In a few years, the whole industry will be owned and operated out of China and India.

Worse, people do not realize just how much of our real estate is now owned by foreigners. I recently looked up the ownership of some commercial properties I sold back in the seventies and eighties. It is all now owned by Chinese.

The wealthy now live in China or the Middle East. They are beyond our taxing ability.

We need to move away from the income tax, and replace it with tariff income.

During the great depression, the Hawley-Smoot tariff protected our industry. As a result, we had the industrial capacity to fight World War II. What would have been the result if all those plants had been moved to Japan? Now, I doubt we could fight a war with China if we had to.

Rufus

Last edited:
you say half the houses in your neighbor hood is in repossion

becareful cause that kills property value,
and we knows what banks do when they think there investments wont pay off they reposses em

Quote:
And to whom will they sell them to? Half the neighborhood has gone back to Mexico or moved into subsidized housing.

I am more afraid of the vagrants that are camping out in them.

Rufus

Sorry to hear about the layoff.

The country voted for "Change".

It appears it's all we may have left in our pockets. change.

Back
Top Bottom