hy-line browns where can you buy them?

Fred's Hens :

I hope a response is forthcoming, but it doesn't appear that it is. Normally, in the business world, one gets a response relatively quickly, or.... as previous posters mentioned, no response comes at all. The intended market for most of the commercial birds is the large agri-business enterprises and there isn't likely a retail outlet or mechanism that even exists.

I, for one, will be ordering some ISA Browns from TownLine, come spring. The ISA isn't for everyone, but it is the world's record holder in most laying categories for brown eggs.

The only complaint that I have heard about ISA browns are that the eggs are to big.they are a egg laying machine that everybody will love.​

Fred's Hens :

I, for one, will be ordering some ISA Browns from TownLine, come spring. The ISA isn't for everyone, but it is the world's record holder in most laying categories for brown eggs.

Why aren't the ISAs for everyone? Can you elaborate? I'm curious. I realize this thread is about Hy-Lines, so I hope no one minds the diversion.​

They still haven't gotten back to me. They were quick with the first e-mail though. Maybe I'll e-mail them again.

Quote:
Why aren't the ISAs for everyone? Can you elaborate? I'm curious. I realize this thread is about Hy-Lines, so I hope no one minds the diversion.

Commercial hens, whether they be any of the varieties, so too the ISAs are not for everyone because, 1) They won't breed true. They are a 4-Way cross, so only having the four birds that make up the parent stock can create an ISA. 2) They have very light bodies and are not a traditional, dual purpose bird. 4) will likely never go broody. 3) They are bred for the laying industry which quickly turns it's flocks over completely.

The ISA has many fine qualities. Early onset of POL, (16 weeks), great feed conversion, relatively hardy, quite people friendly as a rule and of course, egg laying beyond belief.

Last edited:
i got a hyline hatchery right here in indiana 2 we have one in berne and one in warren indiana the one in berne only sells White Hylines i love them the one in warren i dont no i herd they sell brown/white layers. THe one in berne is nice strait fee of 85 cents a chick i can buy 4 or 400 if i want cockerals are 10 cents a chick

i dont no anyone their that is the price to the public we are in amish country and i no we have a few big laying operations around they hatch every wensday in summer and every other in winter

Back
Top Bottom