hy-line browns where can you buy them?

Got a feeling the genetics companies, such as Bovan, ISA, Hendrix, DeKalb, Hy-line, etc, mostly fly fertile eggs to the commercial hatcheries. These eggs likely contain the parent stock, not necessarily the eventual bird. The parent stock is bred and hatched to produce the super hybrids. This is an informed guess. I'd doubt they have any mechanism to sell direct to the consumer.

Many of these commercial strains are 4 Way crosses. The hatcheries that sell to the commercial industry are not the common, hobby hatcheries like Ideal, MM, etc.

The "hobby" hatcheries aren't even likely to be large enough to order. Some of these super hybrids surely end up in the retail supply chain, as over stock, etc. It is possible a large enough chain like TSC may get some. May. Wouldn't even bank on that.

They e-mailed me back to ask what state I live in and said they would let me know what hatcheries sold their chicks in smaller quanities.

Quote:
Hyline has one of the best egg layers 330-340 eggs a year for one of their breeds

IAs,s will match that.

On townlines website it says only 320, I understand that it is a 10-20 egg difference but if your a giant egg farm or something like that lol you will want those extra eggs

I just picked up a couple of Hylines from a (somewhat) local egg farmer. The birds were fairly friendly considering that they weren't raised by us. I was so grateful to get a couple of chickens to provide company for the single lonely hen that remained after a raccoon attack. From what I could see, the Hylines were good foragers (despite being de-beaked) and appeared to be extremely healthy. The egg farmer had a flock of several hundred birds and they were all freeranging as we drove up the driveway.

Quote:
IAs,s will match that.

On townlines website it says only 320, I understand that it is a 10-20 egg difference but if your a giant egg farm or something like that lol you will want those extra eggs

With corn selling for $6.00 a bu. And soymeal at $340.00 a ton feed conversion is more important then those last 20 eggs to a commercial operator ....

Quote:

With corn selling for $6.00 a bu. And soymeal at $340.00 a ton feed conversion is more important then those last 20 eggs to a commercial operator ....

But if the commercial operator has the money...

Back
Top Bottom