Hygrometer salt test question

dustponds10

Crowing
13 Years
Apr 18, 2010
Rigby, Id
Alright so I just got done testing them but to make sure I am going to explain what I did to make sure I did it right. What I did was I got non Iodide salt covered the bottom of a bowl and added water so that it was the consistency of wet sand. Is this right? Last time I did this with some really cheap hygrometers I used like 1/3 cup of salt.

Hygrometer readings after about a day

New 66%
Old is 62%

So I know I am supposed to add to each

New 66+9 to equal 75 (so keep it at 26%-31%) right? for lock down 51%-56%

Old 62+13 to equal 75 (so keep this one at 22%-27%) Right? for lock down 47%-52%

Let me know if I am mistaken on any of these. Thanks

I tried to find the post and link from rebelcowboysnb, but could not find it. It has the info you need. I am needing it also. Calibrating mine today. Had to go buy a new one. Bought one for reptiles at petland. The other one was an accu-rite thermo/hygro combination and I tested it with 3 different tests and it came out 3 diff readings. I think the salt test was the best as the new one is at 72-73%. The old one read 64-65%. I still have a couple of hours left to test. But I think you are correct in your understanding. That was the way I thought it to be, anyway. This will bump this and maybe someone else with more knowledge will respond.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom