Is this a photo of one of your birds, or is this the type they referred to in a layer post that cannot be imported?
I don't think that's one of his, but that is the Parrot Beak Asil. There's no Western standard of perfection for the Parrot Beak and I don't know of an Eastern standard.

Though... if I were judging I would say - no gap - should be present / showing when the bird closes its beak; and their beak should be prominent, nicely curved/rounded, but not so short that they look like a Muppet.

That picture seems to be in line with what I would call Parrot beaked.

For the standard Aseel/Asil varieties:
https://livestockconservancy.org/heritage-breeds/heritage-breeds-list/aseel-chicken/

View attachment 3200729

This rooster is an aseel x Liege cross. He’s about 1.5 years old with a lot of maturing left to do. I believe when he has his 18 month molt his tail feathers will come out long and flowing and give the illusion of having a dinosaur-like tail. He has wing claws and likes to catch and eat mice. He stands slightly under 2 feet tall, so small for a bird with Liege genes. I expect him to grow in height only slightly more.

I have bred him back to Liege to produce chicks that are 3/4 Liege. Those bird will end up being the size full Liege I think. But whether they’ll keep his fierce look I cannot say.
DBB0E425-C9F9-40CC-A7B0-497519DDA6D4.jpeg
9CEDFEC4-78D3-44A8-81B3-7B2B36F83A50.jpeg

He’s almost 2 now. His long sickles give the illusion of having a dinosaur-like tail.

Back
Top Bottom