I’ve searched and searched for some hookbill ducklings or hatching eggs.

LillyAcresFarm

Chirping
Aug 13, 2020
Pipestem, Wv
I would love to find some hookbill ducklings or some hatching eggs. No one in or around my area has any and I’m losing hope I’ll ever get my hands on some. If anyone knows a breeder who would send me some eggs I would be most grateful.

Where are you located? Many birds in the northern hemisphere are molting, and not laying anymore.

Considering how endangered they are I doubt you will find any in the U.S. but you never know. I'm reading there are around 250-400 total left in the world. Wishing you luck on your search.

white house on the hill on Instagram had bought some awhile ago. You could ask them. They also have a YouTube channel with a video on it and tell you where they got them. Theyer in the US

Hi! I know you posted this months ago, but I saw you're in WV. I am too, and I'm going to be getting in some mating pairs of hookbills in a few weeks! Once the ducks have adjusted to their new environment and are laying fertile eggs, I would be happy to set some aside for you. :) I'm located in southern WV, just a little north of Bluefield. Please let me know if you're still interested in this remarkable breed! Thanks.

Hi! I know you posted this months ago, but I saw you're in WV. I am too, and I'm going to be getting in some mating pairs of hookbills in a few weeks! Once the ducks have adjusted to their new environment and are laying fertile eggs, I would be happy to set some aside for you. :) I'm located in southern WV, just a little north of Bluefield. Please let me know if you're still interested in this remarkable breed! Thanks.

Yes I’m still interested! I don’t live far from you I’m in lerona!

Yes I’m still interested! I don’t live far from you I’m in lerona!
Oh awesome!!! I'll keep you posted then, we need to finish our coop before we get more ducks. The ones we have now (not hookbills) are living in our garage lol. The coop project should be wrapping up in a few weeks, and the hookbills aren't laying now anyway (it being winter and all!). I'll let you know as soon as we have fertile eggs though!

Oh awesome!!! I'll keep you posted then, we need to finish our coop before we get more ducks. The ones we have now (not hookbills) are living in our garage lol. The coop project should be wrapping up in a few weeks, and the hookbills aren't laying now anyway (it being winter and all!). I'll let you know as soon as we have fertile eggs though!

ok sounds great! Gives me time to get my incubator cleared out I just put eggs in it yesterday! Thank you so much

Back
Top Bottom