I’m completely lost at what this chick is

Who the heck does this chick belong to?! Her dad is a light Brahma but I can’t figure out who mom is!
The only yellow-y/white breed I had laying then were; Buff chantecler(but she didn’t have stripes as a baby so I doubt she’s hers), cinnamon queen and an EE(definitely not hers) but she doesn’t look like any of theirs!!
The white in the chick's feathers is inherited from the Light Brahma father. Her mother could show a very different color.

Does your Light Brahma rooster have yellow feet (he should.) If yes, then the chick's mother must have feet that are either white or slate (slate is a blue-ish shade with the soles being white or light gray.) There is also a small chance that the mother could be black, with black feet and white soles on them. So take a good look at the feet of all your hens, no matter what color their feathers are.

I ruled that out real fast because she hatched from a brown egg and Gar(my EE) lays blue and no cheek fluff
Yes, if the chick hatched from a brown egg, you can rule out any hens that lay other colors.

Other then my black one no but she also has cheek fluff which marshmallow (the baby) doesn’t have
Beards aren't always passed on.

EE/Brahma.
20201220_152900.jpg
20201126_120800.jpg

The white in the chick's feathers is inherited from the Light Brahma father. Her mother could show a very different color.

Does your Light Brahma rooster have yellow feet (he should.) If yes, then the chick's mother must have feet that are either white or slate (slate is a blue-ish shade with the soles being white or light gray.) There is also a small chance that the mother could be black, with black feet and white soles on them. So take a good look at the feet of all your hens, no matter what color their feathers are.

Yes, if the chick hatched from a brown egg, you can rule out any hens that lay other colors.
I’ll check the hens when I can- my sisters wedding is today so it’ll be busy. I don’t have my Brahma anymore but I’m almost positive they were. My other hens are like… blue and black and have always had fully blue or black babies

Gar and Dill are my only blue layers 😫 I have a ton of brown layers especially the normal shade of brown she hatched from. I lost the shell and didn’t think to check the bottom for my CQs black spots at the bottom

Beards aren't always passed on.

EE/Brahma. View attachment 3635541View attachment 3635544
That’s impressive- but she’s fully black. I’ve hatched eggs from her and my Brahma before and they were fully black with cheek fluff… couldn’t even see the Brahma other than a few legs feathers it was really impressive. But at the same time my austrawhite had a chick from him that looked almost exactly like a Brahma (the white one)

Attachments

• IMG_4195.jpeg
    IMG_4195.jpeg
    271.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4197.jpeg
    IMG_4197.jpeg
    615.7 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom