I’m completely lost at what this chick is

TinyRaptorDodos

Crowing
May 23, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
Who the heck does this chick belong to?! Her dad is a light Brahma but I can’t figure out who mom is!
The only yellow-y/white breed I had laying then were; Buff chantecler(but she didn’t have stripes as a baby so I doubt she’s hers), cinnamon queen and an EE(definitely not hers) but she doesn’t look like any of theirs!!

Attachments

• IMG_4145.jpeg
    IMG_4145.jpeg
    752 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4146.jpeg
    IMG_4146.jpeg
    783.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4147.jpeg
    IMG_4147.jpeg
    707.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4148.jpeg
    IMG_4148.jpeg
    699.8 KB · Views: 20
Who the heck does this chick belong to?! Her dad is a light Brahma but I can’t figure out who mom is!
The only yellow-y/white breed I had laying then were; Buff chantecler(but she didn’t have stripes as a baby so I doubt she’s hers), cinnamon queen and an EE(definitely not hers) but she doesn’t look like any of theirs!!
Could (possibly) be the EE, they can be many different colors.

Brahmas, Cinnamon Queens, and Chanteclers all have yellow skin which is recessive so if both parents present it, all offspring would have it. That leads only possible parent to be an Easter Egger assuming no other possible breeds

My guess is that her mom is the EE. They come in many colors, and I’ve had some carry colors they don’t show themselves.

Brahmas, Cinnamon Queens, and Chanteclers all have yellow skin which is recessive so if both parents present it, all offspring would have it. That leads only possible parent to be an Easter Egger assuming no other possible breeds
That’s just one of the only similarly colored hens but it’s impossible that it could be hers- I’m still trying to figure out if I have any other hens that she could’ve hatched from but I can’t seem to remember.
My old CQ’s baby was dark orange while her sister was fully white but neither my CQ or my Brahma have those wing patterns so I doubt it’s her
My chanteclers babies have always had stripes down her back but I’ve never had them when they were older but they fs don’t have those wing patterns either

I think the rest of my hens are too dark or too young, it’s so confusing

Back
Top Bottom