Golden chick with white stripes

TinyRaptorDodos

Crowing
May 23, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
I cant figure out if this chick is from my… let’s call her red sex link (barred mutt dad cinnamon queen mom) she is dark orange and black with some white down feathers. Of if she’s from my buff chantecler, they both have the same dad I think, should be a barred mutt i didn’t have the silver Hamburg long enough.

Can anyone tell which hen this chick is from? Not important to know but I am curious, I’m definitely keeping (hopefully) her, I’ve never seen a golden white striped chick

Attachments

• IMG_5173.jpeg
    IMG_5173.jpeg
    419.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5157.jpeg
    IMG_5157.jpeg
    471.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4311.jpeg
    IMG_4311.jpeg
    800.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4138.jpeg
    IMG_4138.jpeg
    502 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3814.jpeg
    IMG_3814.jpeg
    789.7 KB · Views: 16
I’ve never seen a golden white striped chick
I have seen some.

It's what happens when a chipmunk-striped chick has the Dominant White gene, which turns black into white. So the black in the stripes becomes white, and as it grows up the feathers also show white instead of black.

Can anyone tell which hen this chick is from? Not important to know but I am curious
At least one parent should have the Dominant White gene, which turns black into white.

If all possible fathers show black in their feathers, then the mother cannot (which would probably mean the Buff Chantecler as mother.)

But if the father has Dominant White, then the hen can show black or not, so it could be either hen.

Back
Top Bottom