I’m new. Hello!

JenDavis83

In the Brooder
Jul 19, 2021
Hi!
I’m new-ish to having chickens. My parents have had them for a while; however, my husband and I just bought our own house and it came with two roosters, 6 hens and 4 chicks. Since they were already here we have the coop and Everything already. We’re just jumping in feet first since I’ve never had roosters. Luckily they’re silkie roosters so they’re small and cute. One is super feisty and try’s to get me most all the time but I think I’m slowly wining him over with blueberries. Other than the silkies I have no clue what types of chicken I have. I think one is a Brahma. Another lays green eggs but I vaguely remember the previous owner tell me she wasn’t an Americana like I thought but something else….it’s a zoo here. We also have a beagle/rat terrier mix (forgets the chickens are there unless the rooster tries to get me), a barn cat that also came with the house, and two toddler boys.
8C227B91-75BA-47F1-B0CE-DA96B5C4B053.jpeg
7F31BA5E-A5A5-41E4-8C28-7A7DF5941202.jpeg
6105AD74-A7EC-4A22-BB9D-89A8B59DACB3.jpeg
A2945983-B89F-4D6B-9ED5-5DD02D1029CD.jpeg

Boy are you lucky that your place came with a built-in flock and shelter! My place in the country came with a lot of rusty junk, a non-working riding mower and a chicken coop that was hardly standing, let alone predator-proof.

Looks like you've got some lovely chickens, whatever the breed, and who doesn't like green eggs?

There are a lot of really nice and helpful folks here who will be happy to help you with anything and everything. Welcome to BYC!

Hi!
I’m new-ish to having chickens. My parents have had them for a while; however, my husband and I just bought our own house and it came with two roosters, 6 hens and 4 chicks. Since they were already here we have the coop and Everything already. We’re just jumping in feet first since I’ve never had roosters. Luckily they’re silkie roosters so they’re small and cute. One is super feisty and try’s to get me most all the time but I think I’m slowly wining him over with blueberries. Other than the silkies I have no clue what types of chicken I have. I think one is a Brahma. Another lays green eggs but I vaguely remember the previous owner tell me she wasn’t an Americana like I thought but something else….it’s a zoo here. We also have a beagle/rat terrier mix (forgets the chickens are there unless the rooster tries to get me), a barn cat that also came with the house, and two toddler boys. View attachment 2766104View attachment 2766105View attachment 2766106View attachment 2766107
So cute! Welcome! I'm pretty new too and it has been a blast so far.

Back
Top Bottom