I’m new to the duck scene. Need some advice please.

We kept her inside all night so she could rest peacefully. She drank some water throughout the night, but this morning she can’t really hold her head up. She didn’t lay an egg and didn’t poop at all from at least 8pm thru now. We have decided to seek medical help. She’s at the vet now. 106 degree fever and extreme dehydration so far. Waiting for the dr to get back in the office to check her out. I will update as soon as I k ow something. Thanks for all the help and support.

We kept her inside all night so she could rest peacefully. She drank some water throughout the night, but this morning she can’t really hold her head up. She didn’t lay an egg and didn’t poop at all from at least 8pm thru now. We have decided to seek medical help. She’s at the vet now. 106 degree fever and extreme dehydration so far. Waiting for the dr to get back in the office to check her out. I will update as soon as I k ow something. Thanks for all the help and support.
awe keep us updated

Best wishes..👍

Is there any chance she could have gotten into anything...toxic? Any, oil from your car...any old ..junk that would leave a residue...anything you could think of that a duck could stick their beak in? Two of my ducks got into an old sink that had som bad insulation and junk...unfortunately it had toxins...they needed activated charcoal....that is good to have on hand for ducks, or any animal, really, to try to eliminate toxins. Otherwise I would definitely try the BComplex..they sell it At TS...in the cattle section..you can put 1 ml one a yummy treat, like meal worms, or peas, or something you know she’ll eat...it’s better than putting it in water, because then you know she’s getting it all. The vit will help to perk her up for sure, and then give her immune system a boost to fight whatever this is,..until you can find out.. @Miss Lydia is our resident expert on duck everything....she’ll be along to read this soon!! :)
No one is a resident expert on BYC . The label is confusing. Each person that replies has knowledge but no degrees on curing the bird. Just helpful information that possibly might work?
Great the OP is getting professional help..👍

Oh goodness! Please take care of her!! Hoping for the best!

A lot of very experienced members on here. Anytime a vet can be used Is ideal. But I trust many on here for good advise and help. Not everyone has access to a vet who will see poultry, which makes BYC invaluable. And I say thank you to all who have helped me when I needed it for my flock.

Back
Top Bottom