I’ve “Stalked” This Page For Years...’bout Time I Joined.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BatChickCrazy83, Nov 11, 2019.

1. BatChickCrazy83

BatChickCrazy83 Chirping

Nov 11, 2019
    AEE7B12F-7668-4D60-9ABD-DDA406ACEE48.jpeg 8DB6EBEB-7346-4A57-B4C3-072856AF7B60.jpeg You could say I am “new” to BYC from an “official” stand point, but BYC is far from “new” to me! I have been the “creeper” peeking in through the windows of the internet, utilizing the the great wisdom passed down from BYC chicken enthusiast to another...shamefully, for YEARS. I am coming clean now, in my first, introductory. I hope that in the near future, I can atone for my “selfishness” by at LEAST giving back to this great community, some of the wisdom I have gleaned off of this site (and from “experience” ) for the last, many years. Here I will answer a few questions about myself:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Depends on what you consider “new” (sorry, that’s the wannabe “Sociology Major” in me speaking.) I’ve been incubating and raising flocks for over 5 years.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

= 2 in chicken math.
    = IDK in human math.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Blue Cochins
    Lavender Orpingtons
    Silver-laced Polish
    RIR
    Buff Orpingtons
    Serama
    Ameraucanas
    Black Australorps
    Easter Eggers
    Too many breeds to list...

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I LOVE their personalities. They are so entertaining to watch.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Horses, rescuing animals, raising 3 daughters, learning foreign languages & helping others in my community.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have a wonderful husband from Guatemala who LOVES animals like me , 3 beautiful daughters and 3 beautiful step-daughters (4 = teenagers right now ‍♀️ - Lawd have mercy), 5 rescue horses, 3 rescue ferrets, 8 rescue dogs, 4 rescue cats. You can say we like “rescuing things” and giving them a loving home.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I have known BYC ever since I bought my first high production reds through many Google searches asking questions that would lead to threads on here.

I finally joined because it’s about time to give back a little from all of the help this site has given to me! Love BYC!!!

~Rebekah

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  2. DobieLover

DobieLover Easily distracted by chickens

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Hello, Rabekah, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
    You must have to work an extra job to feed just the animals let alone the human kids! :lol:

3. BatChickCrazy83

BatChickCrazy83 Chirping

Nov 11, 2019
    Thank you!

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Raven steals Christmas

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello Rebekah and welcome to BYC! :frow

Lots of us lurked before joining. :p We are so glad you decided to take the plunge and join! Pull up a roost bar and enjoy the poultry chat. :)

5. BullChick

BullChick Enslaved by a Duckling

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
  6. 9SpiceyChickens

9SpiceyChickens Crowing

Jul 24, 2018
    In the coop, Northern CA
    (1_1(1_0^.png
    There's plenty of horse people here, don't you worry!

7. TwoShepherds

TwoShepherds Songster

Apr 4, 2019
    Southeast TN
    Hello and welcome! I'm glad you joined the forum. Would love to see pictures of your flock and other animals if you find the time to post any. :)

8. Welcome! There is no shame in lurking. I look forward to your insights on chicken keeping.

-fellow “rescuer”

9. N F C

N F C thankful

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    :welcome

Thanks for coming out of lurker mode so we could 'meet' you!

10. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Glen St Mary, Florida
    Welcome to BYC. I see I'm not the only one who's a back seat driver.
    001.JPG

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: