I’ve “Stalked” This Page For Years...’bout Time I Joined.

Hello Rebekah and welcome to BYC!
mail

We're so glad to have you here with us!
mail

Thank you for joining our wonderful community of fellow poultry enthusiasts!
mail

:wee
Thank you Claire! I am happy to be “official”. :hugs

Rebekah, hi and welcome home to BYC. How were the silver laced polish to raise. I would love one day to try out this breed as well as silkies. Enjoy your flock and ask these folks anything, no really..
Thank you Ted! To answer your question, my Silver-laced Polish have actually been the most friendly and laid back breed that I have ever raised. I bought the last 9, “straight-run” Silver-laced Polish chicks, unintentionally, on a TSC feed run...(they get me every year...I just can’t resist not “looking” during those “Chick Days” - dang it!:he). So, I brought the little fluffies home and quickly fell in love with their calm nature - even before the crazy feather-do that can impede their vision, they have mostly allowed me to pick them up without a chase!:lau They would not scatter, like every other breed I’ve raised, when I would reach down into the brooder. They will go still and silently look back at me as if they are internalizing my “next move”. LOL I just LOVE them...even if 8 out of the 9 I bought, have turned out to be roosters. :barnie The only downside that I can see about owning a SLP, is that they are not “cold hardy”. In fact, right now, I have a few sleeping in my house (in a brooder with a sheet over it) because the temp really dropped the last few days and the bigger birds (aka “punks”) in the coop will not let them get close to the heat lamp. Grrr. So, if you live in a temperate climate that doesn’t have too many days below 50 degrees in the year, they really do make excellent birds!

Welcome to BYC. I see I'm not the only one who's a back seat driver.
View attachment 1957073
:lau I love it!!! The funny thing is that this is perfectly “normal” for us chicken parents, but when others see us they’re like :eek:...heehee

When the Sonic girl brought our food to our window, she nearly jumped when she realized that I had Grayson, my Lavender Orpington, on my lap. I told her that, he’d “been patiently waiting on his chicken tenders”. :lol: The carhop didn’t know how to take it. I look at my husband with :highfive: and lol! *PS The chicken tenders were for my daughter...Grayson was just along for the ride...and a Sonic tater tot or two. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom