I-25 Egg Train

Pozees

Songster
7 Years
Jul 8, 2012
Pueblo, CO
In the interest of more careful transportation of eggs, I thought I would find out whether there is any interest in creating an I-25 Egg Train. I have been the recipient of many hatching eggs via USPS in the last year, and some shipments were handled so poorly the shipper may as well have flung the eggs at the wall before wrapping them; others were just fine and hatched well.

If you are near I-25 and would be interested in participating, please reply and let me know the approximate area you would be able to cover. Once I have a few replies I'll create a map of the area covered and see if we have enough to move some eggs!

I am off exit 83 of I-25 in Pueblo, CO and can drive from here South to Colorado City occasionally, and from here North to Fountain 5 days a week, further North to Colorado Springs a couple of times a month, and East of I-25 to Falcon once a month.

Great idea. I travel for work anywhere from Colorado Springs up to Longmont frequently and occasionally up to Laramie and down to Albuquerque. My schedule is last minute though so I'd just have to post when I'm going somewhere and see if anyone needs anything transported that day.
I also fly pretty frequently and am willing to carry on a dozen eggs if needed. I'll be going to Phoenix for 2 days the first week of April if anyone needs/wants anything from there.

My upcoming traveling schedule:

between Littleton and Colorado Springs on Monday.
between Charleston, South Carolina and DIA the following monday
between Phoenix and DIA 4/2-4/3

I'd be happy to pick up/deliver eggs/chicks in these areas (chicks only in CO, eggs anywhere)

Ugh I would LOVE to hatch some Jaers! ChickenCanoe says they are THE BEST for both hot and cold weather tolerance, and that they lay a large white egg pretty reliably. Where in Denver are you going, and when, next week? This is very tempting for me.

I am driving from Pueblo to Denver Tech Center next Tuesday the 19th before dawn, staying one night and coming home late afternoon the 20th after teaching a class, in case anyone needs transportation for eggs or birds or anything else that fits in my car.

In the interest of more careful transportation of eggs, I thought I would find out whether there is any interest in creating an I-25 Egg Train.  I have been the recipient of many hatching eggs via USPS in the last year, and some shipments were handled so poorly the shipper may as well have flung the eggs at the wall before wrapping them; others were just fine and hatched well.

If you are near I-25 and would be interested in participating, please reply and let me know the approximate area you would be able to cover.  Once I have a few replies I'll create a map of the area covered and see if we have enough to move some eggs!

I am off exit 83 of I-25 in Pueblo, CO and can drive from here South to Colorado City occasionally, and from here North to Fountain 5 days a week, further North to Colorado Springs a couple of times a month, and East of I-25 to Falcon once a month.

This is great idea, and with summer coming up, more people may be traveling for summer vacations! :)

Great idea. I travel for work anywhere from Colorado Springs up to Longmont frequently and occasionally up to Laramie and down to Albuquerque. My schedule is last minute though so I'd just have to post when I'm going somewhere and see if anyone needs anything transported that day.
I also fly pretty frequently and am willing to carry on a dozen eggs if needed. I'll be going to Phoenix for 2 days the first week of April if anyone needs/wants anything from there.

Excellent, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom