I <3 me some Cackle!

hunterjumper999

Songster
11 Years
Dec 26, 2008
Box Springs
Cackle sent me an order! Early!

I got 5 welsummers, 15 Spitzhauben , and 30 Lakenvelders.

All alive and THRIVING.

I am so happy after my horrible experience with Ideal and the 3 boxes of DOA birds. . . and one on the way... not sure if it will be alive or dead.

Cackle's a good hatchery.
smile.png

to the OP.... how many days passed since you placed the order and then you got the e-mail with the shipping date? I placed my order last saturday and they said that I would get an e-mail within 1-10 business days with the shipping date and I haven't gotten an e-mail!!
sad.png
im starting to get worried

Last edited:
Quote:
Be patient. The hatcheries are really getting busy now and it may take a while. Cackle has a really weird process if youordered online. Online orders are run through a company Cackle has contracted to run their website. Every friday all the week's orders are downloaded and printed out. They are then hand entered into Cackle's system and the orders are then placed based on availability and whether or not customers asked for substitutions.

If you said they can substitute parts of your order, then you'll get contacted sooner than later. Either way, it will probably take more than 10 days from the time you did your online order. I learned all this last year when I got real worried about my order after not hearing from them on day 10. I think it was closer to 2 weeks before I got order confirmation. Oh, and emailing a question takes even longer!

If you are real worried and haven't heard anything 10 days after the friday of your order being placed, then your better off calling. Oh, and the line WILL BE BUSY. Redial is your best friend when calling. You will be best off to call first thing in the morning. Remember, they are on central time. You will probably have to call at least 10 times in a row. Later inteh season it will take WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY longer.

But, the folks there are SUPER NICE and real helpful. Just be patient, they field hundreds of orders and thousands of calls each week.

Patience is your best friend.

Quote:
Be patient. The hatcheries are really getting busy now and it may take a while. Cackle has a really weird process if youordered online. Online orders are run through a company Cackle has contracted to run their website. Every friday all the week's orders are downloaded and printed out. They are then hand entered into Cackle's system and the orders are then placed based on availability and whether or not customers asked for substitutions.

If you said they can substitute parts of your order, then you'll get contacted sooner than later. Either way, it will probably take more than 10 days from the time you did your online order. I learned all this last year when I got real worried about my order after not hearing from them on day 10. I think it was closer to 2 weeks before I got order confirmation. Oh, and emailing a question takes even longer!

If you are real worried and haven't heard anything 10 days after the friday of your order being placed, then your better off calling. Oh, and the line WILL BE BUSY. Redial is your best friend when calling. You will be best off to call first thing in the morning. Remember, they are on central time. You will probably have to call at least 10 times in a row. Later inteh season it will take WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY longer.

But, the folks there are SUPER NICE and real helpful. Just be patient, they field hundreds of orders and thousands of calls each week.

Patience is your best friend.

I've ordered from them 2 years ago but I called. They WERE really nice and their line WAS busy all the time! this is my first time ordering online (Which I thought it was going to be faster, but I guess not and now I regret it since I wanted them as soon as possible) but I guess I should wait.... I know that patience is a best friend that I DON'T have
sad.png

Skitz,
I know the feeling. I thought the online thing would be faster too. But according to what I was told - ie the order processing process I layed out - it is much faster to call. Weird, huh?

Back
Top Bottom