I accidentally bought some eggs! Oops!!

This is a Public Service Announcement.

Do you or someone you love obsessively look at eggs on ebay or other auction sites? Do you spend more time on BYC then you spend talking to your family? Do you have energy-eating machines in your house that you just can't seem to unplug?

If this is you, you may be a victim of Egg Hatchitis.

This incurable disease is highly contagious and can be spread through word of mouth, over the internet, or even reading books. This disease effects millions from the ages of 2 to 120. Symptoms include:

Involuntary egg bidding (which usually results in further symptoms egg unwrapping, egg placement in incubator, and hyperventilating when eggs are due)
Obsessive searching of auction sites for hatching eggs
Wide varieties of rare fowl ranging from bantams to Emus in suburban backyards

Hatchitis can become extreme. If you have any of the following symptoms you may need to seek help:

Hiding of eggs and or incubator purchases from spouse or loved ones.
Ignoring of local HOA and Zoning laws
The need to increase coop sizes on a regular basis
Sleep talking the following phrases "'evil silkies' 'lavender Orpingtons' '...wyandotte'"
Random chicken stories at inappropriate moments, such as weddings...
There's a chicken in your car.
Frequenting BYC so often that the keys C-H-I-C-K-E-N-S no longer work on your keyboard and your 'real life' friends have forgotten you.

There is no cure for this disease. If you or a loved one are suffering from Hatchitis, there is nothing you can do but succumb and enjoy it.

Thank you.

I seen those but I don't have room for the grown birds. I did see how much the Red Shouldered Yokohama's are selling for. One auction ended yesterday for over $200 for 6 eggs
ep.gif
. The last time I seen the one for today, it was over $100 with time left to bid. I think I have the wrong kid of birds. Maybe I need to look into them..........Oh no. Here we go again lol

Quote:
Why yes, yes it is.
I personally think my medical insurance should be paying for my internet service since this is where I am getting help for my "condition"(amongst this group of enablers).
lol.png

clap.gif
Too cute CozyCritters!!!!

Well at least it helps knowing the diagnosis...maybe we should fund a research program for a cure, Nah...most of us have already spent our money on eggs!!!
lau.gif

hit.gif
The eggs I wanted are gone
th.gif

How in the world does one sneek a cabinet bator into the house???
gig.gif

I think hubby might draw the line at emu's but I did look at the auction last night
hide.gif

I am having hubby build me chicken condos in the spring to solve the ever shrinking coop problem. No need to enlarge, just add on another unit
big_smile.png

Cozycritters, Your Public Service Announcement is right on the money. I logged in just now (late today, putting a bunch of junk on eBay) and couldn't believe THE SIZE OF THIS THREAD ALREADY!!!!
In two words it's called SPRING FEVER.

Quote:
See, this is a HUGE part of my problem, my husband loaded the incubator in the bed of our truck and carried it home. ENABLER. I didn't have to sneak. He helps me regulate it and watches the humidity and everything.
love.gif

How am I ever supposed to get past this when I live with someone like that????
He even helps out babies that are having trouble hatching.
I'm really blessed that he is so supportive of me and all of my birds.

Back
Top Bottom