I accidentally bought some eggs! Oops!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by The Lisser, Jan 11, 2011.

1. The Lisser

The Lisser Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah, the incubator has been unplugged for a while, and sitting all lonely and egg-less. I told it that it would have to wait until spring before I put more eggs in it.

But then somehow last night I accidentally hit the "buy it now" button on an auction and DH accidentally sent some money via paypal to the seller! I don't know what happened!! [​IMG] Oh well. I guess I'd better get the incubator plugged up. [​IMG]

2. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    [​IMG] good luck!

3. bockbock2008

bockbock2008 Why do they call me crazy??

Dec 30, 2008
    Southwest Indiana
    Quote:It must be something going around [​IMG] I got a new cabinet incubator last week and said I wasn't going to hatch until spring, but I bought eggs too!! [​IMG]

I wonder if we are the only ones???

edited for spelling

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  4. sheilawagner

sheilawagner Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    Pacific NorthWest
    Sometimes we get possessed by the irrational finger spasms and hit the button, and we can't explain ourselves...

Or, we get overcome by temporary insanity and have no control over the finger that needs to click on "Buy it Now". Good explanation for the never ending flow of eggs shipped to the house.

5. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    I am obsessively watching an egg auction on ebay RIGHT NOW.
    It ends in a few minutes and I may bankrupt my DH, but darn it, I MUST HAVE THESE EGGS.
    There, is that "accidental" enough for you. [​IMG]

6. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    If i had enough money, i would buy more eggs. I have an incubator, i have the brooder, the food.... but i already have some 1 month olds, so my mom wont let me. In a few months (say, in april) i will get some siklie eggs, and maybe some dutch or OEGB.

7. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    [​IMG] I'm afraid that may happen to me soon too. My bator has been empty since August and I think it is calling me [​IMG]

8. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Oh, come on, everyone... Don't get me "accidentally" looking at eggs, too! [​IMG] I have a poultry show coming up where I'm coming home with new birds. Definitely, definitely have to hold off on hatching 'til spring. [​IMG]

Good luck to everyone having egg order-related accidents, though!

9. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Well, time to take out a second mortgage on the house, but I "accidentally" won my auction! [​IMG]

10. The Lisser

The Lisser Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Very wise words, sheilawagner. I think the irrational finger spasms are completely to blame. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by