I Accidentally Kicked My Chicken PLEASE HELP

chikc

Hatching
Oct 10, 2016
So I was cleaning the chickens sleeping space yesterday and an 11-week chicken, a favourite of my walked right next to my foot, without realising I took a big step toward the chicken not knowing that my favourite chick was there. I accidentally kicked it hard in the stomach/claw area. Now the chicken can't move, it eats very little and I don't think its bones are broken. PLEASE HELP.

Wow! So sorry to hear about the accident. Have you examined it? Does it react to pain? Might be an internal injury. Might just be in a little shock. Not sure what you can do than be patient and try to nurse it back with a little TLC. You said it is eating. Drinking too? Eating is a good sign. Others may chime in with other recommendations. Hope it works out!
hugs.gif

Accidents happen when you're dealing with animals as small as chickens. I know how badly you feel. I've been there, myself, and it really devastates you.

Redsoxs is right. There's not much that can be done about internal injuries. Chicks are pretty fragile, and some are able to recover from having their innards squished, and others will die.

The fact your chick is still alive and eating is a very encouraging sign. It indicates your chick may be suffering more from shock than serious injury.

Keep hope up. Don't blame yourself. There's a very good chance your chick is going to make a full recovery.

Back
Top Bottom