I accidentally killed one of my chicks.

MarySue

Songster
8 Years
Jul 24, 2015
Sedro-Woolley, WA
I am so sad and devastated. I had a 7 day old chick with pasty butt that I was trying to check. I usually do it at night but the mama and babies were in an enclosure so I thought I'd just quick grab it, look at his butt and let it go. He got away from me so I went after him and one of the others ran toward me instead of away without my realizing the shift and I stepped on it. I don't want to be graphic but I had to kill it to put it out of it's misery. It was horrible an I just can't get past it tonight.

I am so sad and devastated. I had a 7 day old chick with pasty butt that I was trying to check. I usually do it at night but the mama and babies were in an enclosure so I thought I'd just quick grab it, look at his butt and let it go. He got away from me so I went after him and one of the others ran toward me instead of away without my realizing the shift and I stepped on it. I don't want to be graphic but I had to kill it to put it out of it's misery. It was horrible an I just can't get past it tonight.

I understand you horror but please try to let it go to it being what is was a horrible accident

Back
Top Bottom