i adopted some old hens.... (PICS, sad update pg.3)

If you're happy with them, have th space and can afford the feed for them--- then there's no wrong about it! Great for you and better for the hens!! They've got a great place to be!
smile.png

You have a sweet, kind heart and those hens now have a wonderful new home. They really are pretty. You did a good thing!

I love that big pad of fat between the old hens legs that rests on your hands when you carry them around. I love my old cochin hens and my cochin ee crosses, slow moving, retired , not easily upset about anything.
Really fun to bring in and watch television with btw (with a diaper).

You are a wonderful soul! I would have done the same thing... Sometimes, we old, fat girls are better than those young flighty, skinny girls.... we know what's important and really appreciate the little things... LOL

I hope they bring you great joy!!! And maybe an egg or two...Dixie

thanks everyone

Heres an update. One of the oldest hens did not make it. The stress of the ride over here is probably what did it. Bless her heart. Poor baby. I feel horrible she had to pass while in the isolation cage. Its not small, its a great danes size. But it still makes me feel bad.
sad.png
The other two were trying to get her up this morning.

hit.gif

I am sorry about your loss.
sad.png

I adopted a hen and a rooster from animal rescue. The ad said they wanted to be kept together. I have no idea how old they are, and I haven't gotten any eggs - and I don't eat chicken- but I have fun feeding them worms by hand and seeing how happy they are.

I would do the same thing again.

What a great thing you did!
hugs.gif
At least she died with her friends and not by herself or at an auction somewhere!

Isn't it crazy how attached we get in such a short amount of time?
hit.gif

Shelly

Back
Top Bottom