I allways figgerd that birds as species were fragile animals..........

Quote:
I spose it's allright then that we have a male opossum named Susie
big_smile.png

We did name our 'canas that way. GT's sibs are named Noodle,Dump and Ling.

Quote:
Thanks, we'd love the pictures. DH really misses Heston & Mrs. Heston.

Okay, how they got the name. We brought them home and put them in the large enclosure with our peafowl and red goldens. Well the peafowl came up all set to put the newcomer in his place and...bam Heston smacks them with his almost two-inch spurs and Mrs. Heston starts hissing at them. Well the peafowl backed off quick and DH named them after Charlton Heston. He was really a great mellow guy, never went after any birds, but he stood up for himself and his lady.

Quote:
Thanks, we'd love the pictures. DH really misses Heston & Mrs. Heston.

Okay, how they got the name. We brought them home and put them in the large enclosure with our peafowl and red goldens. Well the peafowl came up all set to put the newcomer in his place and...bam Heston smacks them with his almost two-inch spurs and Mrs. Heston starts hissing at them. Well the peafowl backed off quick and DH named them after Charlton Heston. He was really a great mellow guy, never went after any birds, but he stood up for himself and his lady.

Jiiiist incase you guys didn't know. YOU CANNOT MIX MALE SILVERS WITH ANY OTHER BIRDS, especialy males.
They are extreeemly aggressive. Even as youngsters they killed one of my Chocolate mutant ringnecks which was at least 3 x's it's size, and are responsible for two of them getting out of the run. I now have them in a seperate holding pen until they are given a new home.
Which brings me back to thier gender issue. They are now in a small 4'x4' holding pen and all 3 of them are still in one piece which tells me that they are indeed a trio. If there were more than one male i'm sure there would have been blood shed long ago.

FYI..you guys will be saving them from the pot if you take them. I had allready decided that if no one adopted them by then that they were gonna be Thanksgiving dinner.

Back
Top Bottom