I am an idiot and sold my only lavender bearded silkie pullet

AHappychick

Wanna-be Farmer
11 Years
Dec 16, 2008
westchester
I felt bad and promised one to a customer and turns out all are roos but the one I was keeping for myself. I never go back on my word so I sold her today
hit.gif

Now I have 2-3 lavender roos left. Can I make more with just them and another color I was going to breed the 2 together but now I cant.

I am going to search right now but what would be best to pen them in with to get some more lavenders?

Last edited:
that is a bummer- I took 3 lavenders from a gal I think they are all roos too:) they are so cute though and Im keeping them-8-10 weeks old-how old was yours? How did you tell they were boys or girls-?

Black. When bred to black all the offspring will be split to Lav. Then you breed those offspring back to the lavender parent and you will get some lavender babies.

yep black thats what the searches I found said. is that really the only color? what would happen if mixed with a splash? ugg I cant believe I sold her I dont have any really nice black ones to breed to, although I might have some hatch next week. why not white, I know therr are good reasons but I dont really understand them

oh all the boys were starting to get wattles and their combs were much bigger and wider

Last edited:
You would get blue split to lav; however a bird who is both blue and lavender looks more like a blue than like a lavender.

If you breed to buff you will get buff split to lav. Breed back to lavender and you will get half isabel porcelain (buff plus lav lav) and half buff split to lav.

Do you think the person you sold her to might give you some hatching eggs? Do they have a lav roo? You could give them one of yours/ or lend??? and then get some eggs in return? I dunno, that would just really bum me out...you are a very nice person to still hold that bargain!

Back
Top Bottom