I am Confused

Hokum Coco

Crowing
9 Years
Dec 6, 2012
New Brunswick,Canada
I have been raising homing pigeons for decades and witnessed some unusual sights. I now have what seem to be at the moment 3 birds who are all nesting together. Anyone else have something similar happen?

I have been raising homing pigeons for decades and witnessed some unusual sights. I now have what seem to be at the moment 3 birds who are all nesting together. Anyone else have something similar happen?
Yes... it all goes on in my pigeon coop!

At the moment I have to unusual nests.

One has 2 males and one female brooding 2 eggs.

The other nest has 2 females and one male brooding 4 eggs.

I also have a pair of females who will not pair up with any males no matter what I do.. I use them to hatch out my bantam chicken eggs.

Yes... it all goes on in my pigeon coop!

At the moment I have to unusual nests.

One has 2 males and one female brooding 2 eggs. Never had that

The other nest has 2 females and one male brooding 4 eggs. I am not sure if that is what I have or not.

I also have a pair of females who will not pair up with any males no matter what I do.. I use them to hatch out my bantam chicken eggs. I had this happen.

Last edited:
I once had two nestmate brothers that were inseparable. They would always build their nests next to one another and feed one another's squabs. In the late summer when I would break up my pairs they would always roost together. I have had males mate with more than one hen, but usually they only fed the young of their primary mate - the rest were just affairs. My loft has seen divorces, separations, multiple partners, homosexual pairings - all the stuff we so called 'civilized' folks do.

Its funny to me these religious and science people telling recent again how non of stuff we pet keepers see, never happens in nature, and all only human to do probs.. Some people have to try so hard to segregate everyone and thing, n allowing themselves special feeling of. Most because of, supposedly allows them to abuse all else.

Its funny to me these religious and science people telling recent again how non of stuff we pet keepers see, never happens in nature, and all only human to do probs.. Some people have to try so hard to segregate everyone and thing, n allowing themselves special feeling of. Most because of, supposedly allows them to abuse all else.
Agree with you here... the people that say 'things don't happen in nature actually' know nothing about nature..... they live in a false world wrapping themselves in the comfort and protection of their different religions.

Nature is very strange and amazing.. from male seahorses giving birth, fish and reptiles changing sex, insects and invertebrates cloning themselves, and birds and primates cheating on their mates etc....

The strangest behaviour I found in my coop was one female pigeon.

She would have multiple male mates. She would lay her 2 eggs in one nest... brood them.. and before they hatched she would move on to her next mate and new nest... she had 4 nests in the end with 4 different males.... and she had squabs at all different ages...

But she never cared for the squabs.. leaving all the feeding and brooding to the males.

She was clever in that she was maximising the amount of offspring she could have in one year... and she saved energy as she did not have to take care of her young.

Her behaviour was kind of like a cuckoo bird.

Yeas, reptiles, and white leg horn chickens even clone selves with parthonagenises I think called (there are large studies been done on, but that's accidentally man made through breeding). Some species of bird like some species of bat and reptile and frogs n bugs, can freeze, be thawed out and be alive again. Some reptiles have antifreeze type substance maybe in blood and are known where they live to come out through snowy winter. Truly an amazing gift from god/s, guided adaptation s by god/s, or evolution creating conscious beings (because I've seen way too many paranormal personal possibilities).
I just had a pet rabbit hit by a car easter morn, n some of other rabbits played on and at side and around, trying to comfort/protect her till I hide body, and they were happy to see me but charged grunting n thumping ground to try to protect her seemingly even from other cars as all saw around here.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom