I am feeling sad tonight :(

Bec

THE Delaware Blue Hen
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Home Of The Delaware Blue Hen
I chose to part with 4 of my 6 roos. 1 was really causing problems, but I like him...he is leaving on Saturday. The other 3 went all together to a home where I know they will be taken care of, but I still feel really bad.

The guy who took them has 4 of my babies from last February and 2 of my babies from July. He really liked my big red roo and every time he has come by, he asked if i would sell him, of course every time I said no. when this other roo started problems it upset everything with in my little crew of boys. They all started picking on my main roo and not letting him in. So I decided to give him a call and offer him the big red roo. He was so excited that he came right over to see him again. He then fell in love with my Gold Laced Bantam Cochin and asked if he could buy him too. I told him that I was hanging on to him because he and my little rir bantam roo were best buddies. He then offered to take both so they wouldn't have to be separated. I thought to myself, that is so nice of him to take them together, so I said yes.

He came by this afternoon to take the 3 boys home.....I am sure they will have a happy home there, but I still feel terrible
sad.png

He has 4 total, he took home 3 of mine and he already had 1 bantam rooster.

Marlin- I wish I could, he is just a guy who loves birds. He has pigeons and chickens. He free ranges for the most part but they have separate coops inside the barn. Oh and Boss is still here, you know he isn't going anywhere..he is the best rooster I have!
wink.png

He even said he would take my problem roo if he doesnt get a home this weekend! He is a Delaware Blue Hen and the guy has been waiting for them from me for a while now. He said he will just make him his own pen with his own girls so there are no problems with him.

Thank you Speckledhen and Writer, I know it is for the best and they will be so happy there. He has a huge cow farm with lots of barnyard bugs for them to eat in the spring, summer and fall. He really is a good guy but it is still hard....especially when I went out tonight to lock everyone up for the night
sad.png

We had 5 roos and had to remove 3.

I sold the Splash Ameraucana

Then we had to decide who the other two would be.

We went with the loudest crowers since we are in the city.

HUGE Partridge Cochin, (Big Daddy)

Gorgeous Blue Polish (Shaka Zulu)

Kept the Blue Wheaten Roo and the Golden Cuckoo Marans

I understand. I had to let my youngest roo, that I got as a 3 day old chick, go earlier this year when he started beating up my big boy. I re-homed him with my uncle and I know he has a good home, but it was still hard to say goodbye to him. BUT, the peace that my big boy has with his ladies now is soooo worth it... you made the right decision, even it if was hard.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom