I am going to kill this fox !

my first time here,I lost 5 beutiful astralorp hens to some type of critter,woke up one mornng and all five were outside the pen dead,sometime during the night something found a weak place in the wire and got in,one was partly eaten and the rest were just killed,I suspect a dog,I have put 1 inch welded wire around the poultry wire,4 feet up,added electric fence around the bottom and top of the wire,installed 4 nite guards that I ordered,six strands of barbed wire on the coop door,shotgun standing at the back door,anyone got any ideas??,they were chickens but they were my pets,

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
mxpres that must have been very traumatic for you. I am really sorry to read that. I hope you find many good suggestions for your future chickens. It looks like you have a pretty secure coop now!

Quote:
Thats terrible I hope my new stronger runs and to coop moving closer to the house stops this guy or girl I just can't take it any more I will also be waiting every afternoon with my pellet rifle
hmm.png

Quote:
Don't have a real gun and my parents don't either so I am using what I have. I am sure I will have a gun sometime in my future.

I just scared off some foxes that had the neighbors cat pinned against some brush last week.
I used to love them before we got poultry. DH took a shot but missed(both the foxes and the cat) Since this keeps happening it might be a generalization but foxes will take the carcass and domestic dogs will kill for sport and leave it. Sounds like you have had both attacks.
UG. Sorry, this really stinks. I think we have all got a soft spot for your hens since they are so well documented.

Quote:
Thanks relized I am down to a dozen birds
sad.png
I had 17 a month ago !!! this is just crappy hopefully this solves the problem and I can keep them all thriving.

Henry

Back
Top Bottom