I am going to scream!

Quote:

Maybe things are done differently in other parts of the Country. I know of someone who owns 50+ acres of land that had to get a permit to put a car demolition track in. This is for their private use and for when friends came over. Noone was charged to use to the track, but I think it was more to see where it was going and if it would impact the enviroment or not. Oh and this is in Rhode Island.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
exactly!!

You say that now, but when someone puts in a tire dump or junkyard you wouldn't be to happy.
It may be the country, but there still has to be some limitations as to what can be done.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
exactly!!

You say that now, but when someone puts in a tire dump or junkyard you wouldn't be to happy.
It may be the country, but there still has to be some limitations as to what can be done.

lol that would be great.. my neighbor sold his land to natural gas drilling company, its less than a quarter mile down the road. it is very noisy and ominous looking!! but im not complaining, it is their land.

i have lived here 31 years with 25 acres of beautiful land.. not once did i anger my neighbors with my target shooting and such. but now people are putting up houses on tiny plots of land and dictating what they think it should be like out here. its ridiculous.. i mean if someone told you,(example) "hey why do you like chickens they are noisy and a nuisance to our peace over here" then suddenly your right to have stuff on you property you pay taxes on gets attacked by neighbors with schemes and such to get you to stop doin what you enjoy.(it wouldn't be fun) everyone enjoys different activities, some like guns , some like quads, some like mudding.. just cause we don't like what our neighbors are doin, if it is legal.. why start a fuss over it..

being courteous to neighbors is always a must!! sometimes you must also accept that some neighbors are noisy and let it go at that!

blessings

Last edited:
Quote:

lol that would be great.. my neighbor sold his land to natural gas drilling company, its less than a quarter mile down the road. it is very noisy and ominous looking!! but im not complaining, it is their land.

i have lived here 31 years with 25 acres of beautiful land.. not once did i anger my neighbors with my target shooting and such. but now people are putting up houses on tiny plots of land and dictating what they think it should be like out here. its ridiculous.. i mean if someone told you, "hey why do you like chickens they are noisy and a nuisance to our peace over here" then suddenly your right to have stuff on you property you pay taxes on gets attacked by neighbors with schemes and such to get you to stop doin what you enjoy. everyone enjoys different activities, some like guns , some like quads, some like mudding.. just cause we don't like what our neighbors are doin, if it is legal.. why start a fuss over it..

being courteous to neighbors is always a must!! sometimes you must also accept that some neighbors are noisy and let it go at that!

blessings

You hit the nail on the head. I have no problems with things regardless of what they are as long as they are legal. The mudtrack may be legal and the OP unfortunately would be crap out of luck and have to deal with the noise, but if its not and the OP does have to right to see if it is then they could do something.

There is a difference between someone doing their own thing for fun and someone doing it for numerous people. If these people are mudracing all day and into the night every weekend makes you wonder if it isn't something more than for their personal use.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
exactly!!

i have lived my entire life in the country and most country people tend to respect the land and their neighbors. this mud track is in a hallow about ten acres from my house, and they rev monster trucks all day long.

that to me is a city attitude not a country one In My Experience, most country folk around here aren't that loud, wasteful or rude.

I do feel bad for them if thy keep that up in hunting season....

they'll find holes shot in their tires. (I would never do that myself. the worst i would do is file a complaint with the sheriff, and complain on a message board, which i did, and leave it at that.)

Quote:
it was tongue in cheek, also it is a non noisy form of an adrenalin rush therefor, does not annoy me

lol.png

i am begining to realize my strange sense of humor does not come through the internet well

I sure understand that statement Kristy.....

Lots of things I post in fun or to just bring a little humor into a thread that is getting heated sorta blow up in my face.
hide.gif

*Shares her chocolate cake she baked today* here, we'll lament together about our poor internet humor

I ran into one of the people running it, and mentioned in passing the noise. he tried to talk me into joining in and I said no, he then said he would see to it they wouldn't do it after dark, and saterday night, they shut down after nightfall. so at least they did that.

i do agree people have a right to do what they want with their land. but I have a right to gripe when the noise rattles my windows, scares my animals, and disturbs my critically ill parents. Even if the griping doesn't get anything accomplished other than helps release my tension.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
exactly!!

i have lived my entire life in the country and most country people tend to respect the land and their neighbors. this mud track is in a hallow about ten acres from my house, and they rev monster trucks all day long.

that to me is a city attitude not a country one In My Experience, most country folk around here aren't that loud, wasteful or rude.

they'll find holes shot in their tires. (I would never do that myself. the worst i would do is file a complaint with the sheriff, and complain on a message board, which i did, and leave it at that.)

just put a tiny pebble in the valve stems of the tires on their trucks. it will deflate the tire but not damage it, leaving them very confused!!
hu.gif

Quote:

just put a tiny pebble in the valve stems of the tires on their trucks. it will deflate the tire but not damage it, leaving them very confused!!
hu.gif

hehe. i still won't touch another person's property in that manner. no matter how annoying it is.

Back
Top Bottom