I am happy and sad

hugs.gif
to you and your wife. Of course you are angry. Give it some time, for her to heal, then seek 2nd opinions and options.

*HUGS* You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers. I believe in miracles. My son got through foam, condom and the pill. What's to say that the Powers that Be don't have more children in your future?
love.gif
: Angelique

So sorry to read about what was done to your wife.I am glad she survived.So many people die at the hands of medical mistakes each year.Hugs for you all.I think your feelings are absolutely normal.I would get a copy of the medical files pronto.They have a way of changing or disappearing when a doctor causes injury to a patient.

Quote:
that's how we ended up having tim also
wink.png
My grandpa n grandma asked me what I was gonna name my boy. Quick as a lie I told him I was gonna name him ooooops.

Of course under the table both my ma and pa, plus my wife kicked me in the shin. Grandpa n Grandma were both grinning. Stuck my foot in my mouth once again
wink.png

But I had to sorta explain to my grandma (who's in her late 70's) why a baby was made when 3 diff types of birth control were used. My baby up till that point was 10, and my oldest was 19 so .... uhh... Ooops?

I am sorry to read this. I haven't been real active these last few weeks. I am sorry that decision was taken from you and your wife. I do hope that at some point you can have children. believe in miracles. they can and do happen.

but what do you mean you had to explain to your grandma about that? i don't understand.. maybe it's my coffee withrdrawn mind LOL.

I am truly sorry to hear this Boyd. But...Here is a different perspective for you. If you believe in God, then the 'choice' was never yours to start with whether or not to have children. They are blessings from God. ALL is in God's control. Have faith that God wants you to have more and you likely will. Doctors did not create the human body, how do they know the limitations then? It was never in your control nor the doctors control. I'll be praying for you and Kelly that you all have a speedy recovery. More damage than physical has been done to you. May God bless you and heal all your hurts friend.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Our daughter is 6 and has had more surgeries than most adults. Medical miracles and medical mistakes happen so often. I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I work at a hospital and I second the opinion that you should request in WRITING and RECIEVE (often they don't all get to you) all medical records pertaining to the pregnancy and birth. It is important to do this now. Secondly, I would write a formal letter of complaint. All hospitals have a department for this. I would send this one to the head of obgyn. Find out who else. Hopefully your wife will recover without any complications but you want your butt covered. You do NOT want to hear "Well, we could do something for you if you had only said something at the time............." Future children are something to consider once the dust is settled, right now you want to make sure you have all the info you need for your wife's health. Good luck to you both and CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your beautiful son.

It's perfectly normal to be angry about this! It upsets your future and plans that you and your wife had. Get those medical records ASAP and find a good lawyer. A good friend of mine was recently nearly killed by a series of mistakes by an ER dept and now has had his life expectancy shortened to about 4 years, best case scenario. He can't eat much, and has to live with TPN through a central line forever, which is destroying his liver. Sad things happen, but mistakes must be exposed.

Back
Top Bottom