I am HOT

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by debilorrah, Apr 21, 2011.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I mean I am burning up, put my head in the freezer HOT!!! Face red, chest red, burning up HOT. darn you menopause. I need a body sized ice pack.

2. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    [​IMG]. OMG. I have this ridiculous image of you in my brain. [​IMG]

3. debilorrah

Quote:HAHAHA!!! Only you!!!

4. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    yes you are!

5. zippitydooda

zippitydooda Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Ottawa, Ohio
    I feel your pain! A friend recommended black cohosh (supplement) to help eliminate some of the uncomfortable things we are going through. I didn't notice a huge difference with that, BUT when I started adding soy products it was a miracle! I only get the power surges once a week or so instead of 3-4 times a day. It helped with all the other things too (insomnia, dry skin, irritability, etc).

Good luck and hang in there! We CAN do this! [​IMG]

6. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    [​IMG] Im sorry Deb-I went through that at 34!!!! Yes I had an early menopause and it SUCKED!!!! had a hysterectomy the folowing year due to all the issues [​IMG] FREEDOM!!! haha Hope it gets better for you!!!

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    UGH! I'm going thru perimeno and I'm only 46 years old. Ceiling fans on HIGH and still need to take a run around the block NAKED! NOT![​IMG]

As for black cohash, my doctor does not recommend it due to my HBP and cholestrol medications. It might counteract the one and the other. Do talk to your doctors first before taking black cohash.

8. debilorrah

I am not planning on taking anything until it gets way worse. Right now I am only getting them a couple times a month. Whoa last night was an ice pack needing moment!!!! 40 degrees outside last night and I wanted a fan or 20. Being in the moment sucks but after that it's pretty amusing.

9. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I've said for years that you are pretty darn cute! Oh, wait... that's not what we are talking about...

Sorry about the hot flashes. When Mom when through it, the family mantra was "Quick! Sombody blow on mama!" [​IMG]
    I am considering a hysterectomy my own self (due to consistent girl cancers in my family). My only reservation is having to deal with early menopause. Ick.

Have you considered a field trip to visit our Alaska friends?

10. debilorrah

Quote:Naked snow angels sounded pretty good last night. Not so much this morning [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by