I am joining the ranks of the unemployed- Laid off today

NancyDz

Songster
11 Years
Oct 9, 2008
Dutch Flat, CA
Well I was hoping to make it to my 20 year Anniversary at the computer company I work for but it's not to be. My last day of employment will be Dec 12th, they laid me off today
hit.gif
20 years would have been January 21st, 2010.

I won't miss the actual job but I will miss the people, the company( at least the one I knew the first 10 years of employment) and of course the benefits, working from home and pay. I am looking forward to doing something different although I wish I wasnt losing my medical benefits when I was just diagnosed with Graves Disease.
he.gif

Oh well.... wish me luck, prayers, good vibes, whatever you can spare as I start a new chapter in my life.

Thanks

Nancy

Last edited:
I'm so sorry... and so very tired of hearing these stories day after day.

Two huge stimulus packages and more unemployment...

I guess we got change.

I would like my completely unpaid for college education loans to go away... that would be my stimulus since I can't find a full time job in order to pay the said loans off.....
barnie.gif

I'm getting cut back to 20 hours a week the end of this month, my husband's job is also "iffy".

It's OK, we're all going to make it through this & come out better than we were before. Gotta believe that.

Sending you hugs and know you are not alone.
hugs.gif

Quote:
Change is about all we have left here at my house.

So sorry Nancy-I hope the new chapter in your life is happy and rewarding for you.
hugs.gif

OH NANCY!!!! Are you gonna be ok financially for at least a while?? I just prayed for you to find a job right before this one ends, so start looking.

I am thinking of the guy that prayed every night of his life to win the lottery. The Lord finally looked down and bellowed BUY A TICKET!

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it.

Deb, I will get a severance package that will tide me over for a few months and should be able to get unemployment but I guess I'll have to check into that. I would like to find something as quick as possible but I know it's tough right now.

I know through the holidays I can work for Shari's berries as I work for them part time every holiday for extra money.. guess I better call and tell them I want full time this year. It's not much but it's better than sitting around and the chocolate perks are good
tongue.png

I can also refresh my tax preparing skills and do that again... so hopefully I'll be okay until I find something permanent and hopefully with medical.

I'm calling my doc tomorrow to see if i can get in earlier than the end of the month as I did an scan today that she wanted results from... I'd like to get going on whatever the treatment is asap with the good insurance I have now.

Thanks again .

Back
Top Bottom