I am planning to do something controversial, eating eggs immediately after worming with Ivermectin.

From what I've read the residue isn't likely to cause any adverse effects in humans who eat eggs with the traces of Ivermectin reported.
My reservations regarding treatment with Ivermectin; particulary in the recommendation of such treatments is people will use it rather than some of the less convenient methods of pest control because it's easy. This is likely to decrease its effectiveness for chickens over time as it has with many other drugs.
Imo it should be reserved for the more difficult problems such as feather mite and extreme SLM for examples.

Since you haven’t dropped dead yet, I assume, I’m sure it’s fine! 😊
I honestly don’t think it really matters. It’s only in large egg production outfits that have to follow very strict protocols and rules. If it’s your own backyard flock I think it’s fine.
how did you treat them? What Dose and did you give it orally or topically?

I never observe withdrawal periods after medicating my chickens. How I see it is, the amount of medication given to a chicken is extremely small, and any amount that would ultimately get into an egg is even smaller. I'm pretty sure I get higher exposures to nastier chemicals handling packages of them at work. I'll have my eggs and eat them too thanks very much ☺️

After discovering my flock has depluming mites, I ordered Ivermectin 1% and Saturday, I treated every chicken in my flock. Since then, I've agonized over egg withdrawal protocols and searched high and low for information on why we observed this little ritual after we worm our chickens. Nothing out there tells me why we have to do this. What will happen to me if I eat these eggs? If I can't find a scientific or medical or even common sense answer to my question, I am forced to conclude a proscription against something may boil down to hysterical nonsense.

Therefore, in the absence of scientific studies on what happens to humans that eat eggs following worming with Ivermectin, I am going to conduct, if not an actual scientific study, at least an experiment using myself as the study subject. And this is a real time thread as I plan to march into the kitchen right now and cook some eggs and eat while reporting the experience as it unfolds.

It's is 10:06 am, and I just took my first bit of three scrambled eggs. I am now consuming them.
I ate eggs a few days after deworming with albendazole and I've been parasite free ever since!

I was searching the Googs forever looking for an answer to this, I love this thread! I have a question - can these same eggs be used for hatching? Does anyone have experience with that? I have someone wanting to purchase fertile eggs, but I don’t want to sell them if they will end up unviable or deformed. Thanks! 😊

I was searching the Googs forever looking for an answer to this, I love this thread! I have a question - can these same eggs be used for hatching? Does anyone have experience with that? I have someone wanting to purchase fertile eggs, but I don’t want to sell them if they will end up unviable or deformed. Thanks! 😊
I've hatched some without problem.

Back
Top Bottom