I am really sad right now):

Quote:
yup exactly and im on a forum for bully bred dogs (pit bulls,bull terriers,staffies,american bull dogs) and EVERYONE on there critisized me for not allowing Cesar to go after my cats. they told me i was a "joke"
on that very large forum if you dont purchuse live rabbits,ferrets,guinea pigs,cats,rats ect to feed to your dog and allow your dog to kill then your a bad owner becuase htats how dogs are "supposed" to eat these people have no shame in setting loose there dogs on neighboorhood cats to eat ecuase well thats how they feed there dogs. lets just say im DONE with that forum after i was told that

You know, I have owned and trained dogs for almost 25 years, I have multiple close friends who have APBTs, and this is a load of crap. Why are you there? I would close the page, clear my history and cookies, and never go back. Not only is what they are doing probably ILLEGAL, it is not smart either. I would bet that most of it is a load of hogwash. At best they are ignorant, and at worst, malicious and cruel.

At any rate, that is a bunch of HOOEY, I call complete BS on it. No need to bring that crazy stuff here anyway, I doubt ANYONE on this forum would ever do such a thing. To use the excuse of it being "natural" is ridiculous.

JMO as always....

Quote:
thats EXACTLY how i felt about all of it! its one thing for your dog to get hold of a wild animal and kill it without your knowledge but to bring home small animals to let your dog have at them and encourage them? and the most amazing thing is this forum is quite large with quite a number of people! they went from "feed your dogs raw" to "feed your dog whole dead aniamls" to "feed your dog live animals" when i went on to show a picture of my button quail on there the people all made comments about how they would make "excellent sorce of food for a smaller dog" i appauled and left after i gave them all a piece of my mind. but infortunalty it seems to becomeing more and more popular as another forum im on for all animal species ive heard a few people talking about it calling it "prey feeding" i believe.

Quote:
Right. It's the people who must be held responsible.

My Kaya is a wolf/Husky mix. You couldn't engineer better prey drive. My pen is built with the foremost purpose being to keep Kaya out. I made the mistake of putting wire that was too big at first. Sure enough, one of my girls put her head through to peck at the dog. I was right there! Anywhere else on the fence line she'd have been okay! As soon as I said "HEY", Kaya let go. ...not pretty.... Was it Kaya's fault? NOT AT ALL. The fault was mine. Needless to say, the run has been rewired. Before I built the run, chickies came out to their play area only when Kaya was in her crate, locked, with the house door closed. {She still lays outside the pen and watches. Poor dog - thinks her name is "Git" right about now.} Now, if I'm holding a chicken or rabbit, she wouldn't consider making a grab - you don't take anything from the pack leader - but I won't let anyone else have critters out of the pen......
The up side - nothing will ever get into my yard and bother my feathered friends!
smile.png

102722_image01312011074739.jpg

Well the thing is they arn't really puppies i mean they are like 10 months old. They are in a kennel but the owners let them out with no supervision throughout the day!!! It gets on my nearves and the owners didn't even offer their neice to buy her a new bunny!!!!!

10 months old is very much a puppy. A large heavy puppy that really doesn't realize that not all animals are as sturdy as they are. My Singe is 9 months old and 65+ lbs. Very much a puppy, but very easy for him to hurt someone as well.

I'd smack the owners' head against the wall. They sound like the kind of clueless people I have living across the street. Also the type that give ALL dog/pet owners a bad name

Last edited:
Quote:
for a bully breed 10 months is that time in there lives where they are testing how strong htey are cesar is 11 months old and he still sometimes has to be reminded by me to settle down and to quit knocking into other dogs of coarse he has had training so when i remind him (dont be rough!) he stops but a 10 month old pitty who is not reminded and doesnt have training has no clue

the people across the street have a female in heat, so my little guy has officially lost the few brain cells a teen-age dog can have! lol
As his breeder laughed and said, "he might not know what it is, but he's pretty sure he likes it!"

This cannot be blamed on the dogs. At 10 months old AND being a breed that has a naturally strong prey drive, killing small prey is to be expected. It's the owners fault for allowing the dogs to be any where near the rabbit. You cannot fault a dog for doing exactly what it was designed to do. Pit Bulls ARE terriers. ALL terriers have strong prey drives. My Pit Bull is by far the smartest dog I have ever owned. She is highly trainable and very eager to please me. She leaves my chickens and sheep alone because she was told to do so. The chickens walk right past her and she does not even glance at them. Bailey is a mature dog that has had years of training and she knows what is expected of her. But when she spots a squirrel, all bets are off. She goes nuts! She tries to rip the bark off the trees to get the squirrel. She kills foxes, snakes and other vermin that venture into my yard. She'd kill a cat too, if she could catch one (so far, she has not managed to catch one...they quickly run back to their own side of the fence). My chickens and chihuahuas are safe from predators because of her so I do not discourage this behavior.

Back
Top Bottom