I am really worried and I need help chickens with cold?!

amillecay

Songster
8 Years
Dec 29, 2011
They are about 8 months now and none of them seem lighter. They are weezing and sneezing. They have had these problems just today 1-9-12. I have 7 and this is going on with all of them. They have been eating and drinking just fine. The poo is normal. I havn't done anything to help treat them yet because I don't know what it is. I have some cedar in the bedding I have had it in there for a few weeks now and I havn't noticed anything going on at all untill now I am putting some aspen wood shavings in there tomorrow so there wont be near as much cedar just to make sure! also there doesn't seem to be any nasal discharge and I have no idea because they all have it I have a heat lamp in there and it just doesn't seem to be very warm in the coop I don't know what to do I don't have a garage or anything to put them in to keep a little more warm and I have a heat lamp in there but it doesnt seem any warmer in there I don't know what to do! I really don't want it to be cape worm or something along those lines i am really trying to do more natural remedies home ones to be exact I have got my self so worried I don't know what to do because it just seems like there are so many things it could be help me please!!

Sorry if it seems all choppy i had to get this done fast.

I'd wait at least a day and watch them, and make sure they have a warm, dry environment. My chickens started doing that about a month ago, when we had some cold, rainy weather. I thought one was sick, then I noticed they were all sneezing. I freaked out and brought one inside to watch her. It turned out to be nothing. They didn't have any other symptoms, and they stopped sneezing the next day when the weather was dryer.

Did you change the bedding recently, or refill the feeder?

Quote:
I did change the beddign and I scoop poo every day I feed them every day at 1:00 pm I don't know it hasn't been raining here and like I said they are weezing to I will check them tomorrow for sure I am also going to keep them lock in the coop for a little bit tomorrow to see if I notice anything like if it's just the outside air I wonder if it's just because it's been dry and cold outside

Quote:
I did change the beddign and I scoop poo every day I feed them every day at 1:00 pm I don't know it hasn't been raining here and like I said they are weezing to I will check them tomorrow for sure I am also going to keep them lock in the coop for a little bit tomorrow to see if I notice anything like if it's just the outside air I wonder if it's just because it's been dry and cold outside

Since you did just change the bedding, and since they're all sneezing but no other symptoms, my guess is they don't have colds. Whenever I give my chickens new bedding, they kick it up EVERYWHERE, which creates a lot of dust.

I think you'll be fine.

Thankyou so much they are better today! I was really really worried and didn't know what to do there was only one sneezing yesterday and he only sneezed a few times.

Back
Top Bottom