I Am Setting Eggs Tonight.. Anyone Else?

Me thinks I might be getting sleepy cuz I could of swore the title said "I am sitting on eggs tonight"
lau.gif

Ok I put the 5 green eggs in and 3 from my cuckoo marans. They are both crosses with either a mille fleur/porcelain d'uccle or a golden lakenvelder.

Does anyone know when we are due???

Last edited:
I just set 4 of mine, I am testing my Cochins to see how they are doing since they just started laying againg. Yep, that's me Perpetual Hatcher.....

First of all.....
welcome-byc.gif

Quote:
Dual purpose...by letting the eggs sit at room temp for the day, it slowly raises the egg temp so it doesn't sweat when you put it in the warm bator. Also...shipping can be very hard on embryos and the egg in general. By letting it settle for a while, it gives the embryo time to rest and the air pocket to stabilize.
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Dual purpose...by letting the eggs sit at room temp for the day, it slowly raises the egg temp so it doesn't sweat when you put it in the warm bator. Also...shipping can be very hard on embryos and the egg in general. By letting it settle for a while, it gives the embryo time to rest and the air pocket to stabilize.
wink.png

I usually wait 6 to 8 hours before setting. The eggs I got today were pretty cold, so it took a while to get to room temp.

DH insisted I needed to have everything put together in "20 min".
roll.png
Thankfully I take my time. They've been setting for approx 5 hours here. My temporary incubator was still warming up anyway...

Back
Top Bottom