I AM SICK OF MY NEIGHBORS DOGS

Around here, you can shoot a dog if it's wandering at large & especially if it's harming your stock...

Unfortunately, I am not sure I could ever KILL a dog, but we do have an airsoft gun for such an occasion.

In addition, I recently saw the electric poultry netting. You could put it up on the OUTSIDE of your coop (to protect your chickens from getting it). That way, the neighbor's dog could get a nice little ZAP when it tries it again. I don't think it's very expensive & saving your chicken/seeing the dog get shocked would make it worth EVERY penny!

I know I could never shot an animal - unless it is in pain/dieing and than I know it and even then I would have a had time, but we are actually getting along great with the neighbors and they are getting better at keeping the dogs in thier own yard -
and they have been buying eggs every weekend- so right now it is a win/win for everyone.

Julie

I am BEYOND sick of my neighbors dogs....Got woke up this morning to my chooks raising nine kinds of racket....Freaking neighbors boxer in the yard withl a hen in his mouth...didnt have time to get the shotgun. I AM ONE NOT SHY TO TAKE OUT A DANG GONE DOG FOR KILLING MY LIVESTOCK!! Got ahold of neighbor and he made good for the killed hen..but i also got another hen with a 2 inch laceration
on her back said he would pay for her if she dont make it. Seems his ignorance couldnt get the underground electric fence he has to work.

Next time ill just cite him under the leash ordinance and let him just shell out 150 bucks for the fine. Its been several hours ago but im still FURIOUS!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

A lot of dogs will run through the underground dapper...it needs to be turned up some more. But if you are handy with electrical at all, I'm pretty sure you could put up a single wire electric "fence" outside your coop. I'm in no way supporting the dog...

with the underground, they may need to put the collar between the dogs legs instead of around neck. Long haired dogs or extremely tough dogs will then get the message.

Back
Top Bottom