I am so excited! Brinsea ADVANCE arriving tomorrow! UPDATE -it's here!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Kelly G, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

I have had a Brinsea Eco 20 & and a mini eco....they are great & given me nearly 100% hatch rates every time!

But I found myself constantly adjusting my temps to compensate for the daily fluctuations in temps. AND I *needed* one more incubator!!!

Ohhhhh! I can't wait!! It will be here tomorrow!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  2. AndrewKroger

AndrewKroger Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2012
    I think I'll invest in one of these as well. The mini advance is my favorite incubator I've seen so far. I've also seen and read many reviews, they are all positive.

3. Me & Jack

Me & Jack Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    NC
    Loved my Brinsea Mini, but it died recently, and until I get my tax refund I can't afford a new one. But, when the time comes I will definitely be getting another. One thing I love about it is if I end up with too many eggs to be able to use the turner, I find I can turn the eggs four or five times a day by hand without the temps and humidity being messed up. Because the unit is so small it recovers very quickly.

4. Kelly G

It really is (imo) the easiest, most reliable incubator for the average hobbyist to us.

I see by my tracking info that it's out for delivery!!!!

Yayyyyyyyyyy!!!

5. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]Congrats! I love mine- it's so easy to use.

One piece of advice- make sure you calibrate the temperature before you actually use it. It's in the instructions, but I didn't do that the first time, and when I went to calibrate it, discovered it was a degree off. It was a quick fix.

6. Kelly G

Thanks!

7. Creed Bennett

Creed Bennett Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Western Kentucky
    Mine is great too. Works everytime. Just add water every three or so days and wait.

8. Kelly G

It arrived first thing this morning - Yayyyyy!!!

I set it up this afternoon, and in less than an hour it was steady at 99.6F

I like it to run at 99.5F, but that doesn't seem to be an option.

Anyway , I've got 35 eggs stuffed in there!! About 18 Silver Laced Wyandottes from exhibition stock....and the rest are Buff Orps also exhibition stock.

I LOVE my chickens & cant wait for them to hatch!!!

Setting 30 more on Feb. 6th [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by