I am so excited....I have to tell someone

That's great! Be very careful transitioning her to the grass. Honestly some minis are better of in a dry lot with had and some hand grazing every now and them. Slowly transitioning is the key and being careful after rain when sugars go up if the grass is still growing. I would at least recommend a muzzle even if only turning out one hour to start.

I agree...be very careful with her on grass. Both my Fjords are kept on dry lots for their health and well-being.

Mini-sized grazing muzzles are readily available as so many have this issue.

Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures!

I will definately be careful when it comes to grass and will just start her out with hay and a little grain. The pasture I am going to put her in is with our 2 Pot Belly pigs and they have it pretty much like a moonscape in there right now :) I will probably only let her have a couple of bites of grass here and there when I am walking her around the rest of the property for some exercise, she needs a lot of conditioning before she will even be ready to lunge, the poor baby has been locked in a tiny space with no excercise for a year now. Thank you for all of your replies and I will keep you updated. Pics coming soon :)

Pictures
yippiechickie.gif
Please, share pictures
love.gif

She is a little dirty in the pics because after I set her free she rolled and rolled and then ran around a bit. She seems so happy to be out of that cramped space she was in. I can now say for sure I have seen a horse smile :)

Congrats!!! She's super cute! I like the expression on her face - inquisitive and friendly.

I wish I could come groom her with you! I love groomimg!

Have a blacksmith take a look at her feet. It's hard to tell from this angle, but her toes look like they might be a little long. You'll be on a first name basis with your blacksmith...you see them every six weeks!

You're going to have a ton of fun!

Back
Top Bottom