I am so mad about the eggs I just bought!!!!!!@!

You should file an item significantly not as described claim with Ebay. Paypal used to handle them but they just switched things around so Ebay will handle it. When you file she will be pressed to refund if you return the eggs. I know - returning would be a waste - but the point is to put the heat on her so ideally she'll give you a partial refund and you can keep what you have. On Ebay it is the sellers responsibility to get you what you paid for. Period. Insurance protects the seller - not the buyer. Lots of people have disclaimers in their listings about how they're not responsible once it leaves their hands but that doesn't fly w/Ebay. I am a powerseller there - so I know.

and this is why i decided if i cant get them from BYC, i dont need them that bad. I got eggs off e-bay once (before i came here) for a friend, paid $50.00 for 12, 6 made it...not one hatched!

well.. Im Glad there is a BYC because this stuff (reading your experiences) keep the rest of us 'in the know' about these situations, and we can learn from your Problems and so forth!

There is no way Im buying from ebay now.. and I had considered it..

Well, I just had a disappointing shipment of BBS Orpingtons. I have been wanting some of these eggs for ever but they are so high. So when I found some for $14 on an auction thread from a BYCer I jumped on them. So I got 8 and only 1 developed. I cracked all of them and only 1 of them were fertile. All the eggs had broken air cells. I am so upset cause I really wanted this breed.

Oh well. I am sorry for you disappointing ebay experience.

That IS disappointing! I've marked her auctions. She has 100% positive feedback and comments about how well she packs her eggs! But the amount, and the description of what you got (of COURSE, 12+ means more than 12!!) doesn't sound fair at all.

I hope you get a resolution with her! Let us know what happens!!

SOrry you got a bad seller
sad.png

dont leave feedback yet. Wait until after there is a decision.

You have quite a while before you run out of time for feedback, but its your bargining chip kinda.

Do contact paypal, and fill out an item not as described for ebay.

good luck !

Quote:
Okay I have a question it just catches me as... odd? You say don't buy from them and then in your siggy you advertise? or is it another farm with jus tthe same name?

always buy live chicks and never from ebay, only online hatcheries or if you are picking them up yourself. people are so dishonest. u might be able to report her to ebay.

Quote:
Okay I have a question it just catches me as... odd? You say don't buy from them and then in your siggy you advertise? or is it another farm with jus tthe same name?

OK, I am a little slow on this one... The above post has me confused. I can't figure out what they're talking about
idunno.gif
PLEASE explain, it is driving me CRAZY!!!!
barnie.gif
barnie.gif

Anyway, I would open a dispute for the transaction. $80 is WAY to much for 7 eggs. It doesn't sound like they were packaged properly, and to top it off, you didn't get what you ordered anyway
somad.gif
People leave neg. feedback for dumb reasons (I know - 1 neg. feedback that wasn't even my fault has my score down to 95.5 from 100!!
rant.gif
rant.gif
), but you have a completely valid argument & dispute.

Back
Top Bottom