I am so mad I could spit nails!

lilshadow

Songster
12 Years
Jan 8, 2008
Milaca, MN
I am so upset with my 2 boys 18 and 16 right now I could explode. My DH and I get up at 3 am for work. I work a 10 hour day and he works a 9 hour day. My boys do nothing but sleep, eat, and make a mess for me to clean when I get home from standing on my feet for 9 hours and 40 minutes. All I ask of them is to feed and water my animals, but do you think they can do that? NO! I ask how they would like to not be fed and watered all day. My 18 year old have the nerve to curse me out, and tell me that he didn't give a F about my animals, and he would kill them all. I am so fed up with this. My 16 yr. old just ignores me. I have decided that I will get up at 230 am just to feed and water my animals. I just won't make their dinner when I come home from work, I won't run them to their girlfriends or friends, I won't take them to the store etc... I am going on strike as a mother. Sorry about all the complaining, but I needed to vent.

Sounds like it's time for the 18 year old to get a job and move out or start paying you rent.

i hope they start listening to you. i bet this is how you feel inside
somad.gif

Last edited:
I second the strike. Your sons are plenty old enough to learn to fend for themselves, and I agree with a pp that the 18 year old is MORE than old enough to support himself - either by paying you for room and board or moving out.

That's plain old rotten, spoiled behavior, and I certainly would be venting too!

Good luck, and don't you dare feel bad.

Susan

18 you say thats the proper age to fly the coop so to speak!!! I'd do what my dad told me when I was that age do as I say or find somewhere else to live!!!! As for the 16yr old I'd go on strike!! I'd be darned if they were gonna talk to me that way. Like my dad always said I brought ya into this world and I can take you out
smack.gif
!!!!

I agree with the job idea. My children all have "chores" and my middle DD's is to feed the animals. My oldest DD is to change cat/ferret/chicken litter. My little boy takes out the trash. Each day, my middle DD tries to tell me she already fed the dogs. So, I started asking her if she would like to go without eating. So now the rule is she doesn't eat dinner till they do!!!!
wink.png
Kids are such a pain sometimes!!!! Steph

Back
Top Bottom