I am so mad I could spit nails!

Yippee for you, lilshadow!!!! I love hearing updates. Do continue. Like a pp mentioned, I want to know how this unfolds!

Oh, and instead of driving the poor darlin' meatless son to DQ, you can always direct his attention toward the cookbooks!! My mother did that to her five kids, and darned if we didn't all turn out loving to cook!
big_smile.png

I tried that believe it or not with all 5 of my boys, but only one can boil water and that is the 18 yr old. He does happen to be a pretty good cook, at least he did learn that if nothing else.

When DH retired on disability, I had to stop doing EVERYTHING for our family, DH, 2 sons and 1 daughter. I am working full time + to make our way. DH learned to cook because I left crockpot recipes. The kids have learned to prepare "family meals" out of neccesity. Spagetti, pizza, stir fry, etc have become their "specialties".

Now that summer is here, I will have time to prepare things that are in my area of enjoyment. But all year long, I have collected recipes and ideas, then I print them, put them in plastic sleeves and then into a notebook for our family cookbook. We add handwritten notes as needed, like - add 2 C shredded zucchini - and we are good to go. LOL

Teach and they SHALL learn!

My son (25) loves to cook. He grew up helping me. When he was 8yrs old, he insisted he help me make jelly. I was scared to death with all that hot sugary stuff around. He listened and did everything I told him to, and really ended up being quite a bit of help. I stressed the safety aspects and always have. I buy him cookbooks as gifts now.

It sounds like things are going much better. Hurrah for you and yours!

Just as a suggestion. I used to have my son pick out recipes that he thought looked interesting, and I would help him cook them. Gotta plan ahead, and isn't that one of the number one secrets of a good cook!

It's so good to hear that things are going better. Sometimes we just have to remind oursleves and our kids who the parent is and who the kid is. Then we're all clear on who is the one in charge. Hope that you didn't think I was criticizing you personally earlier with what I said, it really wasn't meant in that way.
idunno.gif
Sometimes I say things without thinking it thru first.

Back
Top Bottom